Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting from scratch.... '89 325is Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice work, i appreciate the attention to detail but don't you think your going a tad over board on the rear seat cover? ;)
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

I think it might be your computer. My host site is my build site www.ethreezero.com (still under construction) and it is up and running.

E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
        nice work, i appreciate the attention to detail but don't you think your going a tad over board on the rear seat cover? ;)
        Haha yeah, I've been thinking that myself. However, I'm already so far into it, there really isn't turrning back... I have to atleast see it through and see how it comes out. I am a bit further along on the seat cover, Ill be posting "The interior 2..." tonight. Hopefully once it is done and covered it will look good. We'll have to wait and see!
        Last edited by freeski27; 11-24-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freeski27 View Post
          I think it might be your computer. My host site is my build site www.ethreezero.com (still under construction) and it is up and running.
          Must be. I'll try from another machine.

Even the link above is a fail for me.
          Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
            Must be. I'll try from another machine.

Even the link above is a fail for me.
            are you at work? could be your proxy. photobucket is blocked from my work but i can see his pics.
            '12 F30 328i Sport Line
            '91 SpecE30 #523
            '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
              are you at work? could be your proxy. photobucket is blocked from my work but i can see his pics.
              Yes. P-bucket works here, but for some reason his host does not.
              Last edited by phenryiv1; 11-24-2009, 11:46 AM.
              Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Mine are not hosted off of photo bucket. They are hosted off of my build site, not sure why they wouldn't work for you. If they dont work when you get home, let me know. I'll e-mail you some pics if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by freeski27
                  And then I realized that I was going crazy.
                  yep - you're my kind of crazy. Nice work there. Can't get over your results with a non pre-moulded carpet - wow.

Thanks for sharing your project with us.
                  -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

hahaha, thanks man. Keep an eye out for a post this evening :D

Comment

Originally posted by freeski27 View Post
                      The Front Brakes...
                      I decided on drilled and slotted rotors for R1 Concepts. They are a company from CA who specializes in only brakes. Of course they are not Brembos, but since I am on a mediocre budget they seemed like a happy medium over some of the extremely cheap brands. I got the Premium set, and the front pair for the 1994 325is setup was about $150. Also, I got free shipping since I ordered; rear rotors, front and rear pads, and E-brake shoes all at once (free shipping was for over $150). The rotors seem to be pretty true and the paint is a good finish, I will obviously not be able to speak on the behalf of stopping power for a while .
                      I have R1 concept rotor on my MK2. It is not the top of their line like yours, but it's still a great product. I have the slotted and drilled ones with posiquiet pads.

I tried them hard on track. With about 400 miles on track, they are still straight and they didn't loss that much tickness. First time I lapped them, my instructor got sick ( not because of my driving ;)) and I had to stop without doing any cooling lap. the rotors were blue and smoking! They stayed straight!

I think it as a great value for the price!
                      E30 now S52
                      2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                      325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

soo great to hear man! Sounds like they will be able to put up with the abuse that I will surely be putting them through!

Comment

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
                          I have R1 concept rotor on my MK2. It is not the top of their line like yours, but it's still a great product. I have the slotted and drilled ones with posiquiet pads.

I tried them hard on track. With about 400 miles on track, they are still straight and they didn't loss that much tickness. First time I lapped them, my instructor got sick ( not because of my driving ;)) and I had to stop without doing any cooling lap. the rotors were blue and smoking! They stayed straight!

I think it as a great value for the price!
                          Crossdrilled rotors on a track?!

AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

Comment

Originally posted by speedminded View Post
                            Crossdrilled rotors on a track?!
                            Why shouldn't I use cross drilled brake rotors on lapping session?
                            E30 now S52
                            2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                            325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

they crack

Great looking project! I'd love to start off with a clean shell.

Comment

Watch this video and ask me again:

Read the description carefully so you know what to watch for.

AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

Comment

Working...
                                X