• Show
Clear All

• MattAvino
    replied
    Happy Birthday.

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Kinda debating on selling the RS's with tires and adapters and picking up something else instead. I dont know what yet though, kinda wanna swap in a new engine this winter as well..

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Guess what ? I never update my build thread, but here's some new random pics anyway!!

"clever title" by m_colby, on Flickr

Winter daily-

Leave a comment:

• e30shmobberr
    replied
    Looking great man!

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Thanks man, its definitely still in a project state though. So many little things yet to do.

Leave a comment:

• Tuee
    replied
    Wow, the cars simply gorgeous, awesome job!

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
    this was my take on a similar subject:
    interested to see the polished trim + polished center caps, coming along really nicely. :)
    Thanks! And I gotta say, your car has been a huge inspiration for mine so far. Looking forward to seeing yours on the m-systems as well!

Leave a comment:

• 8380 Labs
    replied
    this was my take on a similar subject:

interested to see the polished trim + polished center caps, coming along really nicely. :)

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Ill just leave this here for now..
    This is after repainting the centers and hand polishing the lips and caps. The photos ^up one post don't really show how rough they really were when I first got them.

IMG_0815res by m_colby, on Flickr

Mounted pics some time next week.

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Yet another one month later update.
    The e30 is back on the road! Finished up the front suspension last week, I'm running IX hd bilstiens, 2in shortened housings, GE coils 450 front 650 rear, IE race camber plates, and IE rear strut mounts.
    In the mean time, I have since sold the epsilons to a friend of mine with a Porsche 944 (perfect fit), with the cash from selling them I picked up a set of Porsche fitment BBS RS's.
    Specs are:
    RS131 16x8.5 et56
    RS018 16x9 et36
    With my 25mm adapters the rear fits perfect imo, with the 35mm adapters in the front, the wheel hits the shock assembly just barely (can still bolt up just wont allow the wheel to rotate) looks like I'm gonna try hunt down some 40mms. The wheels need to be repainted and a quick re-polish on the lips anyway , so I've got time to work with.

Here are some photos of the wheels test fitted.

RS test fit 1 by m_colby, on Flickr

RS test fit 2 by m_colby, on Flickr

combo by m_colby, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
    ^ nice, keep going
    Thanks man, will do. I cant wait to drive my car again. Haven't driven it since Nov-Dec or so I think.

Leave a comment:

• MattAvino
    replied
    ^ nice, keep going

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Re-Polished Shadowline you say? Oh yea, so you've painted your shadowline and now you hate it? Well here's how we fix that:

Necessary tools:
    Assorted sand paper (200 grit-1000 or so, can go higher if you want)
    Paint Stripper (I find that the aerosol kind works best)
    Easy Off oven cleaner (eats that anodizing off the trim)
    Free time and lots off it (pain in the ass process)
    Mothers aluminum polish

First off, remove the trim:

Second, strip paint:
    sorry no photos
    Third, remove anodizing. Thats right, our window trim is actually anodized aluminum. Looks nice unless you've sanded and painted it in the past, all anodizing must be removed in order to re polish the trim.

IMG_0119 by m_colby, on Flickr
    ^trim had already been stripped and easy off'd at this point
    Spray on easy off and let sit for 5-10 min, works better the longer it sits. Rinse off and prepare to sand.

IMG_0131 by m_colby, on Flickr
    Fourth, start to sand/re polish. Start wet sanding with 200 grit, then 400, 800, 1000 and so on depending on how much work you want to do. Then polish with mothers aluminum polish.
    I believe this photo was taken after 800 grit, I attempted to polish a section of it to see how it looked so far, notice a little hazyness, this will all come out as you sand with higher grit sand paper.

IMG_0128 by m_colby, on Flickr
    Fifth, continue sanding all the trim and re-install. I'll post some more photos of the trim as I finish it tomorrow, I've got one piece left on the drivers side and the entire passenger side to do still...

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Yet another long awaited update. Been working steadily on the car just havent been taking photos to keep track I guess. Either way here goes.

Where I'm at now..
    Sold my Canon xsi to upgrade to a Canon 60d, I can finally post photo updates again.
    Epsilons sold today!
    IE camber plates from the GE group buy showed up 3 days ago
    Rear GE coils installed, waiting to section my front strut housings.
    Dash is back in, fully flocked this time.
    Engine bay is back together with new m42 radiator and some fresh paint on the VC and IM.
    New MOMO monte carlo wheel and hub installed.
    Waiting on a new sunroof/visor panel to show up, ditching the plaid covered one I had before.
    Need to find a new sunroof crank as I broke mine..
    Need to source a good glove box as my rear tabs on mine are broke off.. pm me if you've got either of these parts^.
    In the process of stripping and re-polishing my shadowline that I had previously painted black. I plan to run wheels with a polished lip and I like how the polished trim accents the lips. Serious pain in the ass.. More on that later.

On to the pics!
    Rear GE coils installed with Bilstien IX HDs and IE rear shock mounts. H&R sports up front (one cut coil) waiting to section my front strut housings before I install front coils. Tucking a decent amount of tire on 195/60/14, coils threaded all the way down with both adjuster/lock ring installed.

IMG_0198 by m_colby, on Flickr
    H&R Sport on the left and new GE rear coil on the right, 4" and 650lbs.

IMG_0182 by m_colby, on Flickr
    Rear install, ignore the rusty components and sand. It gets nasty up here in the midwest..

IMG_0200 by m_colby, on Flickr

Flocked dash, MOMO Monte Carlo, Ripped to hell sport seats (will be replaced soon)

IMG_0117 by m_colby, on Flickr

Freshly painted valve cover and intake manifold, m42 radiator, front strut delete.

IMG_0118 by m_colby, on Flickr
    Last edited by noE30; 04-08-2012, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    Originally posted by rescobot View Post
    Amazing build thread! I'm definitely going to stay subcribed and contact you. I plan on doing what you did to my car.
    Thanks man, feel free to ask any questions.

Originally posted by DaButt View Post
    Dude, those IE headers are GORGEOUS!
    Thanks, yeah they are definitely top quality stuff, I haven't had any issues with them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X