No announcement yet.

noe30's 89 325i build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool project! Although 4k might be a little much for 215k on the clock. Looks like its in pretty decent shape considering. Are you taking all your photographs with a fish-eye or something? Its tough to see close up details cause of the image warping. Although it IS a cool effect!

Comment

Originally posted by mojorising View Post
      Cool project! Although 4k might be a little much for 215k on the clock. Looks like its in pretty decent shape considering. Are you taking all your photographs with a fish-eye or something? Its tough to see close up details cause of the image warping. Although it IS a cool effect!
      I wasn't too worried about paying 4k for it considering it is completely rust free, which was difficult to find. And yes most of those pics are with my wide angle lens, no real reason it was just the lens I had on at the time. I plan to use the kit lens from now on though. The wide angle look was bugging me too.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
        For the next few months I just drove the car and enjoyed it. I didn't have any money to really get anything done hence the empty pocket build haha.
        One day while in advanced auto parts I noticed a detailing product called The Black Box. It is a kit that has wax specifically for black cars, I figured I would try it out. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with a black car, I've waxed my car with normal wax before and it never looked as good as it did with this stuff.

Here you can see some of the oxidation that it removed, the passenger side had been waxed in this photo driver side had not.

And after

this shit works wonders!

i did my jetta a few weeks ago and it looks new. 26and-a-half year old paint and its so clean the lower doors and 1/4 panels look gray... cause they reflect the road so well ;) +1 on this for anyone with a black car.
        Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
        every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
        Originally posted by Jparkr
        The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
        87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

I received my new parts today, cant wait to get started on this.
          Only have one issue... The oil pan gasket I ordered from bav auto wasn't packaged at all and some how got torn in half while in the box. I will email them today and see if I can get this straightened out.

Flickr

Comment

I ordered more parts today, some exhaust hangers to fix my hanging exhaust and a new resistor for the blower. A couple days ago I picked up a nice hanging light from menards, its the florescent tube light kind. It really helps light up my garage so I should be able to actually see what I'm doing now. In a few days I will be ordering a new barrel stove for my garage, it should keep my garage nice and warm all winter long.

I'm guessing that I will be putting my car away for storage sometime after thanksgiving, just depends weather the snow starts falling or not. I'm excited to get the work started on the e30, but I also hate snow, so I guess I will just wait for the weather to change.

Flickr

Comment

Do they have anything similar for grey colored cars? Specifically delphin? That's absolutely amazing!
              M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
                Do they have anything similar for grey colored cars? Specifically delphin? That's absolutely amazing!
                I honestly don't know, try search for the companies product line they might have something.

Flickr

Comment

Do they have anything for red cars?

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Can't wait to see the progress on this one.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                      Do they have anything for red cars?
                      Zymol makes a wax called rouge

the stuff is awesome on red cars. I use to use it on my zinno
                      Its just a last step product so a bit of polishing before really helps.

Hunter
                      We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        Can't wait to see the progress on this one.
                        Thanks!

I need to post up some more recent shots of the car. The car is now tint free which looks much better in my opinion. Lately I have picked up a few small things for the car, new resistor for the blower motor and new exhaust hangers. No real progress yet, just starting to piece together parts. With my next paycheck I will probably start buying suspension pieces.

Looking at getting:
                        New urethane bushings
                        New/stiffer sways
                        GC Coilover kit
                        and maybe GC camber plates if needed.

Flickr

Comment

Well I finally started tearing into the engine about 2 days ago. I haven't made crazy progress because 1. I'm taking my time as this is the first time I have done anything like this. 2. I'm labeling every thing so that I can put it back together correctly. 3. I'm broke, only getting 10-15 hours a week at work...

But heres an update.
                          I've got as far as getting the intake manifold off and now I'm about to pull the head. Each piece I remove makes me more and more excited about getting the engine apart and cleaned up, I cant wait to get it all fixed, cleaned, and back on the road. So far everything is going great, I should be replacing gaskets within a few days at most.

Flickr

Comment

Cool project. That black box did really make a difference huh. Im gonna get one and try on my benz.

Comment

Another mini update.
                              Head is off and the block is all cleaned up, I will start to reassemble it on my next day off. Yesterday I cleaned up the valve cover and intake manifold and sprayed them with some vht wrinkle paint, they look great. The paint looks kinda glossy in the pics but it's really a nice flat black. I'm probably going to sand the paint off the letters and stripes on the valve cover.
                              Heres a few quick cell phone pics

Flickr

Comment

Nice work. Love projects like this.
                                -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Working...
                                X