E30 group 2 rally car build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 group 2 rally car build

I've wanted to build and race an e30 in Rally America for some time now and my first e30 (91 3188)) was supposed to be the one. Well that didn't turn out too well because of were in my life I was (school). As a result i sold it and went through a few other bmws until i found another e30 in my driveway again! This time it was an 87 325is with a bad clutch master cylinder.

Watching my rally dreams slowly floating away i decided enough was enough and after talking to my partner in crime (fellow rally..er) we decided that this would be the car.

Step one - Uninstall
    The first thing we did was pull the m20 and see whats what. It's never a good sign when every part says W. Germany lol

Right now I cant find many pictures of the uninstalling(word ?) because my other computer crashed

Step two - Replace
    Next thing was replace. I did all of the top end gaskets including the head gasket. Not to bad just time consuming . Next up was the oil pan and rear main seal and than everything goes back together with new t - belt, water pump, tensioner. In the past transmissions and I don't get along to well so I was very happy to install new transmission parts. This included a Sachs clutch kit, new trans mounts, and all new shift linkage/bushings.

Step three - Reinstall
    Now that the engine and transmission had been properly refreshed they were ready to be reinstalled. This included various other random parts that I dont remember. I suppose you could call this stage zero just about complete ;)

All the other part install pictures are gone but you get the idea

YAY Its moving on its own!

Step four - Modify
    to come...

Sorry if it's not very exciting, there are many other build threads which are worlds more fancy and in depth but this is just a baseline for me to keep track of everything I do. Thanks for looking, there will be much more to come
    Last edited by Fendego; 12-04-2015, 03:18 PM.

I can just imagine Japandrew taken aback in aghast at the sight of that block without any dremelwork.

Comment

good job.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        I can just imagine Japandrew taken aback in aghast at the sight of that block without any dremelwork.
        [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
        Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Yea I probably should have gone after the block but I figured it would just end up the same way soon enough haha.

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
            suttle, aint it?

Comment

Subscribed!
              Been wanting to do this in the future.
              instagram

Comment

suttle, aint it?
                Are you the spelling police?

Comment

Fun stuff, it will be nice to see another BMW in the rally scene. I'm currently running a G2 Sentra Se-R for the time being. In the future however I plan on building a E36 for G2. When do you plan on having the car ready to hit the stages?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkosmo View Post
                    Fun stuff, it will be nice to see another BMW in the rally scene. I'm currently running a G2 Sentra Se-R for the time being. In the future however I plan on building a E36 for G2. When do you plan on having the car ready to hit the stages?
                    I'm not good with deadlines, well see. The car will be the cheapest part haha. Are you going to be at snow drift? If so let me know, I'll be staying for the weekend up near atlanta mi and I'll be working the race and enjoying the snow covered roads :D

UPDATE!
                    driving it around naked and as you can see a little pre testing occurred! hehe
                    Also got a few goodies

waiting for fronts ! Also have a MOMO t frame waiting to go in from my e34, I'm fabing brackets next weekend

That is all for now, more to come !
                    Last edited by Fendego; 11-08-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

small update, ordered some sparco mudflaps like this http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/buy-car-ac...co/MudFlap.jpg cept in red and Im trying to convert to single intake fuel pump.

Comment

subscribed
                        - Chris
                        Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Update! I'll take some pictures today, I haven't had a ton of time to do work, mostly finishing up stage 0. Since I last updated I have done a number of small things including new fuel pump, plugs, and front end. I also gave her a little drop for now but current suspension setup isn't staying for long. Snow drift is the end of the week and I'm pumped!

What I'd been spending my time on till now -

My buddies 00 "wrx" with ej20g

Comment

Nice subaru, What are your plans engine wise? turbo? stroker?
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                            VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I see what else you have lurking in your garage . How about the scoop on that as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X