X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool little car!
    S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
    What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

2.0 is the easiest swap. will work with mk1 trany, mounts, and a major part of the wiring. the fact that your car is carbed will make it a bit different, but its still the easiest and you can make decent power with them.
      Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
      every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
      Originally posted by Jparkr
      The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
      87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

There's a 2.0 ABA with a 5-speed in a Jetta III out at the U-Pull-It right now. I think they want $300 for a complete engine, not sure what they want for trannies.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
          There's a 2.0 ABA with a 5-speed in a Jetta III out at the U-Pull-It right now. I think they want $300 for a complete engine, not sure what they want for trannies.
          do et! if you have the mk1 5 speed tranny you can run that. youll need the ecu and grabbing the harness will make life alot easier to.
          The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.

Comment

The 2 manual trannies I have are both only 4-speeds. :(

Comment

you may be able to make it work, but if you want to build on the 2.0 then the 4 speeds ain't gonna cut it.

Comment

Yep, probably just going to end up selling them. They were free anyway, so anything I make on them is good.

Comment

Josh, I have TONS of hookup's on Mk1 stuff. That is what i did before BMW's. Please shoot me a PM if you are looking for anything and I will be glad to help you source it.
                  ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

While your at it get the late model 100 mm hubs and upgraded halfshafts.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

whatever you do don't pay $300 for an ABA.

search your local classifieds on vortex, someone probably has one for 100 or less there.
                      8380 Laboratories
                      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Keep the four speed, geared really nice with the 2.0. A local guy who bought my '80 now has an ABA coupled to the OG four speed, slams gears all day long and the thing will not break. The last ABA swap I did in a MK1 was a cabrio (digifant CE2 car) that I believe we got down to about 12? wires on an OBD1 harness. Super easy swap and documented nicely on vortex. Don't pay $300 unless it comes with everything!!

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          While your at it get the late model 100 mm hubs and upgraded halfshafts.
                          Some of the earlier transmission cases can't fit the late 100mm hubs, they come into contact with the trans case itself.

Comment

yes true but nobody wants a 4 speed, and Josh said he's dumping it as well for a 5 speed.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

The 4 speed will hold up to the 2.0, stock. But if you start to buid on it, your gonna need that 5 speed. At a point you may need the mk3 5 speed tranny. After a good build a 2.0 can put down as much, or more then, a vr6. At that point the 4 speed won't cut it. Then the turbo bug bites...

4 speeds are nice if you wana make the car period correct, but for a build up 5 speeds are best.

Comment

Originally posted by ben312 View Post
                                After a good build a 2.0 can put down as much, or more then, a vr6.
                                what's your definition of a good build? cause if it's anything short of an unlimited budget, full race build this is an absolutely preposterous claim.
                                8380 Laboratories
                                M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Working...
                                X