4drPwr's 89 Alpine Project - Back from hiatus

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RawToast
    replied
    Bump for R3v in Connecticut

    Leave a comment:


  • 4drPwr
    replied
    Today is timing belt day. Some people say these are the parts you need to do the job:



    Left to right is a dealership water pump + gasket, dealership timing belt made in Germany, and dealership timing belt tensioner. I'm not most people however, and this is what my "timing belt" job consists of:



    From left to right in no particular order we have 2 gallons OEM coolant, Hayden (made in germany) fan clutch, Bosch FPR, coolant temp sensor, coolant temp sending unit, 6 fully rebuilt bosch design III 19lb injectors (replacing my current 19lb set), water wetter, 2 gallons distilled water, 32mm open ended fan clutch wrench, 75 degree thermostat/gasket/seal, new bleed screw, plastic hose routing clamp, miscellaneous crush washers, and cooling hoses consisting of upper rad, lower rad, water pipe to thermostat, and cylinder head to heater valve.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigTe30
    replied
    Last year at the car show i saw one other e30, and it was only there for about an hour.

    Leave a comment:


  • Deltron Dirty30
    replied
    any weekend i go up to uconn I never see any e30s... lol. Im sure ill see some for the annual car show though
    Last edited by Deltron Dirty30; 02-24-2011, 07:39 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigTe30
    replied
    Originally posted by 4drPwr
    Thanks for the compliment! It really needs a thorough wash, hoping the weather over spring break will cooperate.

    Do you have yours up here? If you do, did we pass each other by Towers the other day?

    Unfortunately i do not have mine up right now, over thanksgiving break she got a little roughed up, but if all goes according to plan she should be back up after spring break. there are a couple car washes down 32 in willamantic, there is a real nice self service one, if your willing to tough out the cold.

    Leave a comment:


  • 4drPwr
    replied
    Originally posted by BigTe30
    Hey man, i see your e30 around campus all the time, it is fuckin glorious.
    Thanks for the compliment! It really needs a thorough wash, hoping the weather over spring break will cooperate.

    Do you have yours up here? If you do, did we pass each other by Towers the other day?

    Leave a comment:


  • BigTe30
    replied
    Hey man, i see your e30 around campus all the time, it is fuckin glorious.

    Leave a comment:


  • 4drPwr
    replied
    Originally posted by herbie
    What shift knob is that on the interior pic? is that an ACS shift knob?
    Looked through the thread and only saw one shift knob pictured. If you're referring to the one of the inside of the 6er, with wires galore and no dash, I couldn't tell you. It was unmarked and seemed like nothing special; I'm 99% certain it was thrown out. My E30 runs an OEM leather ergonomic shift knob with oval top.

    Leave a comment:


  • herbie
    replied
    What shift knob is that on the interior pic? is that an ACS shift knob?

    Leave a comment:


  • 4drPwr
    replied
    Originally posted by trackjunkie21
    Awesome looking car, what side skirts are those?
    Thanks! They're MTech I skirts. I heard they're the earlier version/meant for sedans :?: They lack the part that goes up the fender. Driver side needs to be remounted once the weather turns.

    Originally posted by Thehemiman
    Car's looking good. My buddy who had the 944 now has an 89 Alpine 4 door.
    Thank you; your friend is a smart person.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thehemiman
    replied
    Car's looking good. My buddy who had the 944 now has an 89 Alpine 4 door.

    Leave a comment:


  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    Awesome looking car, what side skirts are those?

    Leave a comment:


  • 4drPwr
    replied
    Like Kenny Powers, I've been to Mexico and fucking back. By Mexico I mean I had account problems for several months that just got sorted out, and by back I mean that my build has become severely outdated. I happen to have a few pictures from here and there that should provide a slight reboot to the thread, and where we're currently at. Enjoy (and by "enjoy" I mean to say that I apologize for shitty berry pics).











    About a week ago I was driving on I84, coming back to UConn Storrs after selling some wheels. Strange noises, panic, pulled over. Rear exhaust has rusted out and has been dragging behind me for a quarter mile. OEM black exhaust tips gone. Needed to get home, so I disconnected the two mounting points and tore the resonators from the after-cat piping:



    Carrying this in my trunk in case the cops at UConn bother me (they've pulled me over 3 or 4 times in the past when the resonators were actually attached, and it's louder now. I like it better.)



    And my favorite picture of my car, taken by a member of the UConn car club at their dyno day:



    P.S. Aforementioned trip to dyno day netted this printout, which I'm actually pretty happy with:



    I made 142.4 to the wheels, and 155ft-lb peak torque. Not bad for a 180,000mile M20 rated at 170hp/163ft-lbs. I was the lowest hp of the day, but beat a lotus in torque.

    Should be updating more in the coming months as warmer weather rears it's head, and summer comes around. I have an appointment with an exhaust shop for an estimate on Thursday, so that should give me an idea of whether I can accomplish what I want. Any questions, feel free to ask away. Obviously I got the suspension done over the summer as well as a bunch of other things and I'm happy to answer questions, but it's more than I feel like typing right now to list everything.

    Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by 4drPwr; 02-22-2011, 12:08 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • davey101
    replied
    damn, congrats man

    Leave a comment:


  • 4drPwr
    replied
    I am somewhat in shock at what I just spent. However, I'm exceedingly happy that I am actually accomplishing my goal of doing my suspension this summer.

    Went H&R Race and Billy Sports. Decided to replace a few other things while I'm in there. R3V won't let me copy both the Turner and Pelican parts lists, but there's $1600 odd in parts coming my way. Full list is on my thread on E30Tech: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...76#post1106676

    Also: keyless entry should be here Friday from England, very excited for that.

    Leave a comment:

Working...