X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    moar.

I wanna do an e to i swap.
    hehe well wanna buy my new/old "I" swapped motor after I finish my stroker on that original eta? Ony 146K on the clock!

---------------------------------------------------------
    DAMN LONG TERM PROJECTS!!!

Comment

Today was a wash due to all the snow. Here's the progress so far.

New Guibo, bolts, and CSB

Input, output and selector rod seals, and throwout bearing. Little tip I learned, you can just double up the selector rod seal. Just tap it in on top of the old one (as long as it hasn't been done already). Tightens it up a little bit too.

That new foam bushing tightens up any slack in that joint as well.

More to come over the weekend.
      turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
      Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Gettin there....
        Attached Files
        turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

Stopped at the shop tonight and the car looks great... Went with Turk for a test ride and everything is awesome... Turk and Levent are real professionals and genuine guys, taking the time to do things right and making sure all details are completed... Looking forward to doing more upgrades with the guys!

Comment

Well, shes all done and runnin good! Took it for a quick wash to take pics. Marty is coming by tonight to pick up. Enjoy man!

He's got a long list of things to do on it over the next year or so. Wheels, bumpers, suspension, etc will all come in due time. Just glad that its taken its first step in the transformation.
            turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

I just got in after taking a long drive home and I can't stop grinning.

Levent and Turk - Thank you! I look forward to more upgrades!

Turk - thanks for the surprise! Gutenparts :up:

Comment

Turk and Levent, you guys do top shelf work!! Damm, I wish I lived closer...

Comment

Originally posted by 3ics View Post
                  I just got in after taking a long drive home and I can't stop grinning.

Levent and Turk - Thank you! I look forward to more upgrades!

Turk - thanks for the surprise! Gutenparts :up:
                  Thanks! Happy that you are happy. Keep her clean and looking forward to proper suspension this summer.

Originally posted by Mike30e View Post
                  Turk and Levent, you guys do top shelf work!! Damm, I wish I lived closer...
                  Ship the car to us:D
                  sigpic
                  New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                  %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Did you ever figure out why your tach and the mpg meter were not working? I also did the swap and cant figure out how to fix this issue. I think it might be a wiring change in the glove box but thats about it.
                    Randall Racing and Engineering
                    Acworth, Georgia, 30101
                    http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

Originally posted by cobraken View Post
                      Did you ever figure out why your tach and the mpg meter were not working? I also did the swap and cant figure out how to fix this issue. I think it might be a wiring change in the glove box but thats about it.
                      Gutenparts - Turk and Levent - did the work and handed me a complete car with the swap. Everything has been perfect over the past 9 months. Not much done; picked up euroweaves, replaced ripped boslters. Hoping to do the suspension this winter and would love euro bumpers by summer.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraken View Post
                        I did a e to i swap along time ago (more than 10 years back when it was the hot swap and only the big $$ guys were starting to do the M50/s50 swaps lol). Whay year i motor/harness did you use? I used everthing out of a 91 and I remember I had to locate the right wire to tap into to get the tach signal(which the MPG guage works off of). I'm sorry but I can't remember what wire it was, but it was right above the glove box. IIRC, the 87 325i motor is the best for the swap, as in 88, when they switched to the later style cooling system, they used a slightly different wire harness. If you use the 87 setup, its pretty much a bolt in deal. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
                        All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Comment

Working...
                        X