Long term non BMW project teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long term non BMW project teaser

With Kishgs car coming in for completion and the e28 project coming down the stretch wanted to start a new thread on our next long term project...

This one I am personally really excited for. Its from the e30 era but not a BMW. Here is a teaser pic of the wheels which just arrived today.

I can tell you this is going to be one special project.:up:

L
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

evoIII replica... please let it be an evoIII replica!

Comment

WTF? Some teaser huh? Damn it.:x Thread fail:(
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

saweeet. Can't wait.

Comment

No way, really?

Schwing!!
          Slicktop City!

Comment

Did you find a shell?!
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I was hoping it would be this. Subed.

COTM

Comment

i want to do a evoIII replica with my w201 but thats on the someday list
                "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Clarisson> MB 190e 2.3 cosworth

MMMMMMMMhhhhh
                  Originally posted by kendogg
                  Don't know, but the E90 wasn't designed from the ground-up intending to be a racecar like the E30 was.
                  OG RACECAR

Comment

PS'd (not mine)
                    "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Damn you Levent.

Comment

Hey...this was supposed to be a secret!

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        evoIII replica... please let it be an evoIII replica!
                        Originally posted by 5KWattson View Post
                        i want to do a evoIII replica with my w201 but thats on the someday list
                        Not to be a dick about it, but there was never an Evo III version of the 190e. The 2.5-16v in the photo Levent posted is an Evo II.

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                        Did you find a shell?!
                        This is a long story. Not ready to reveal at this time ;)

Originally posted by M42Power View Post
                        Clarisson> MB 190e 2.3 cosworth
                        Yeah, I flipped out when Levent showed me those 16x8" Carlssons he found. They'll be perfect for street tires. For race rubber, we'll be looking for 17x9" turbines for that old school DTM look. Maybe something like the Compomotives on this Evo I:

Last edited by Emre; 02-25-2010, 05:59 PM.
                        sigpic
                        1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                        2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Please don't do an Evo II replica. The front arch cut looks nothing short of awful without being slammed to the ground like the DTM cars were.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                            Hey...this was supposed to be a secret!

This is a long story. Not ready to reveal at this time ;)
                            Well then, I'm hooked :) I will stick around to watch this unfold!!!
                            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                              Please don't do an Evo II replica. The front arch cut looks nothing short of awful without being slammed to the ground like the DTM cars were.
                              The project is still in its infancy, but the plan is for a dedicated track/race car. We'll need wide arches to run the rubber we want to run ... so we figured we might as well go with the full-bore Evo II kit.

However, the OEM Evo II kit might not be possible. Unlike the M-Tech II kit, the 2.5-16v Evo II kit requires you to cut the front and rear arches. I'm still working with the sanctioning bodies to figure out what class(es) we'll be legal in, but there's a very good chance we won't be allowed to modify the sheetmetal. In that case, we're stuck with the original 2.3-16v bodykit one way or another.

Just to put things in perspective, the OEM Evo II kit used to sell for around $7000! But these days, they're almost impossible to find at any price. I do have a contact at the M-B Classic Center who says he can probably get me one from Europe, but it'll be $$$. Once you factor in the shipping, fitting (including cutting the arches), prep, and paint ... we're looking at a minimum of 10-grand.

Make no mistake, this project will end up costing us far more than a good E30 M3 would. And there will be tons of R&D involved since these cars don't have the same track presence as the M3. We're on our own here.

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                              Well then, I'm hooked :) I will stick around to watch this unfold!!!
                              We're just keeping things quiet at the moment because there's still a chance that the car may not be legal for the type of racing I'd like to do. And even if it's legal, it might end up in a class in which it's totally uncompetitive. We don't want to start advertizing a project that we may not be able to see through to the end. So, we're going to keep it close to the vest until we know for sure that we can do it right :)
                              sigpic
                              1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                              2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Working...
                              X