Long term non BMW project teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kimbo305 View Post
    Hey, Emre, finally dropped into the thread. Everyone else, I'm the seller of the 190E, which seems to be in great hands.
    Hi, Meng! Cool to hear from you. Hope everything is well on your end.

Above all, I hope I advertised the car accurately and you got what you wanted. Sure seems that way :).
    It was better than expected in some respects (especially the engine, which made great compression across all 4 cylinders), but I did run into more electrical gremlins than I had bargained for. I've come to learn that Benzes of this generation are notorious for electrical bugs and CIS issues, so it's no fault of yours. I still think it's a great car for the price.

Love the pictures from Mont Tremblant. How was the motor out there?
    We spent some time tuning the CIS before car's track debut at Tremblant that weekend. Plus, I spent a lot hours driving the piss out of the engine with high-detergent diesel oil and a new filter. After all that, the engine runs like a top. It's just frustrating dealing with the stock flapper throttle and electro-mechanical fuel injection. The next major project will be an ITB and EFI conversion, so we'll finally be able to free up some power on the top end. We should be able to reach 200hp at the crank on a stock engine with ITB intake and with careful EFI tuning. Once the car's stripped out, we should be in the same ballpark as an E30 M3 in terms of power:weight.
    sigpic
    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Very Nice . I want ONE!!!!!..If i get one It's coming to Guten!!!!!For sure!
      BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

Definitely a nice car and in the hands of Guten. It could only get better. I would love to get my hands on a 16v someday. One of few cars that i would own thats not a BMW.
        sigpic

Comment

Learn more about BaT Exclusive: Clean 1986 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-16 on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

levent and emre
            i was wondering if you have ever stumbulled upon this build thread?
            Celebrate all things related to the Mercedes Benz W201 cars.

-
            Project
            Parts for Sale
            Feedback
            YouTube Channel

Comment

its bookmarked, refer to it often.
              sigpic
              New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
              %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Saw this on Speedhunters the other day and thought of you guys. Hope the move into the new building is going smoothly and this gets more attention! Do you have any updates?
                Dean
                Instagram
                1987 325isA
                1987 325i - 383k

Comment

big updates are coming up. Been gathering up the parts. Still cant get over how little is ready of the shelf for this chassis.
                  sigpic
                  New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                  %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

:puppy: patiently awaiting greatness

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

me too

Comment

Same here!

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                          big updates are coming up. Been gathering up the parts. Still cant get over how little is ready of the shelf for this chassis.
                          As Levent says, just about everything on this car is turning out to be a custom job. Every system on the car is being comprehensively upgraded to deal with the stresses of hard track use; we're largely on our own in terms of coming up with solutions.

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                          :puppy: patiently awaiting greatness
                          Huge developments are taking place in preparation for the car's late April track debut:

The rear subframe has been repaired and will be strengthened.
                          The LSD is being rebuilt for more lock-up.
                          A custom coilover suspension is on the way from California.
                          Custom wheels are on the way from the UK.
                          The interior is being stripped out and an SCCA-legal full cage is going in.
                          Seat mounts are being modified to accommodate Recaro race buckets.
                          Brembo BBK is on.
                          Various electrical gremlins have been dealt with.

That should be enough to get us through the upcoming track season. Then we move the project into Phase III :twisted:
                          sigpic

Comment

Cant wait to see all this come together.
                            sigpic

Comment

After a backbreaking day of labor, the interior of the 16v is almost fully stripped. It's truly amazing how much wiring came out of the cabin! And those 5-way adjustable electric seats weighed a ton; literally 45-50 lbs each.

If all goes according to plan, the car should be going off to the cage-builder next weekend. Can't wait!
                              sigpic

Comment

Nice work man. This will be an incredible track car.
                                I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Working...
                                X