No announcement yet.

Lifetime Projects - 76 2.7i 2002 x 91 325iX 4dr/5spd *02 Runs! Vid pg.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I picked up a few things this last Saturday. I'll post some pictures here shortly!
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Some more recent photos of the bucket.

I'm to the left of the two alpine cars..

clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

So I heard through the grapevine that a co-workers close friend had picked up a CHERRY red iX from a ways a way. It's an automatic so he's been on the search for a 5spd swap. Low and behold he finds this iX in West Seattle, 174k miles, totaled, been sitting for around 6 years. I show up at the race car shop to help strip the thing and it's like a fricking swap meet. A lot of stuff was up for grabs... Here's what I ended up with.

174k Mile 325iX engine w/ a stack of service records (still getting rebuilt)

Lachsilber Trunk lid in really good condition with iS wing in great condition

I picked up a few odds and ends as well:
        Tail Light Seals
        Front and Rear ashtrays
        Ellipsoid connectors

The plan as of now is to get new shocks, springs, suspension bushings. Get that whole department sorted out, than get this engine rebuilt with strengthened internals (turbo is in this cars future) and go from there. I've got a lot of research to do. Hopefully the engine should be in before E30 picnic.
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Oh I also picked up a set of US ellipsoids last week for 50.00.
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            Sick!

Comment

snow pics or gtfo
              looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
              email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by gregslow318i View Post
                snow pics or gtfo
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Gentleman, it's been a hot minute since i've updated this thread.

iX is still running great. Passenger side front axle started clicking a few months back so I sourced a passenger side one in good shape and rebuilt it. New grease, boots, extensive cleaning, snap rings, axle nuts, etc. etc. Got a driver side one that is getting the same treatment this week. Hoping to drop both in by next weekend to get rid of all "front axle issues".

Next on my plate is suspension, all while keeping the tired 256k M20 going. Money is being saved, and plans brainstormed to get the spare iX M20 I have rebuilt. I'm thinking I want to do an extensive "refresh" on the bottom end, quite a bit of head work, a pretty aggressive cam, headers, and exhaust. Thought of standalone and turbo in the future. Ultimately i'd love the car to be turbo'd, lower than currently (with functionality in mind), and new wheels. Than, on to the next one!
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Been busy lately with other projects. Namely the 76 2002 AT I got for free! ;D

Basically plans are to tear the freshly built 2.7i out of the 87 Eta Coupe, and throw the whole drivetrain into the 2002. Mainly focused on putting pictures up. I can edit and add details later!

This was two weeks ago. I've got more recent photos on my camer i've got to upload. It's not raining out now, so i'm going out to the garage. Should have a nice update in a bit..

The iX has been on serious DD duty lately and has been on the back burner.. :( Actually very upset about that.

clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

My 1st E30 and donor car (rightfully so..) for the 76 2002. Bought, Sold, Bought back, built engine, then got the 2002...

Shot of my iX because there isn't one with the new stuff on it in this thread!

Meanwhile this showed up at work... Felt really really lucky to see one under these circumstances.. :p

My dog Mo!
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Is that you sitting in the E26? Lucky bastard. :)

Comment

Originally posted by zumjosh View Post
                          Is that you sitting in the E26? Lucky bastard. :)
                          Yup. That's me. My boss asked me to get in it and rev it up to 3500 and back down to idle about 20 times. That thing is something else. I've got some video i've been meaning to edit and post on Youtube when I get to it.
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

My girlfriend and I are moving into a place of our own in June so it's really "crunch time" to get things done.

Although we have a BIG two bay detached garage my room mate decided it'd be a better idea to throw my project in the corner before I remove the front subframe and make it "non rollable", instead of clearing all the loose junk out of the second bay and making use of it, I did what he thought was best. I am not one for confrontation and I really value my room mates respect and opinion so I dealt with it. Here are some photos of the process..

Before:

After: "I get by with a little help from my friends" - Room mate nowhere in sight.

Still have a lot of rearranging and organizing to do before I feel like i'll be happy but to be honest, with me moving out in a few months my sole focus is to get this 2002 running and driving. I want to drive it into my new place so my neighbors know what to expect out of me.

Sorry for the mess in this garage. One thing I can promise you is that my new place will be much cleaner, very well thought out, and will have plenty of soul and character. 25 is a weird age. :finger:
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Nice ix :)
                              https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                              https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                Meanwhile this showed up at work... Felt really really lucky to see one under these circumstances.. :p

Pete's new whip? Looks awesome!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

Working...
                                X