Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A trip down memory lane...89' 325is + S52 inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read through the whole thread, gorgeous car. Cool it's back in winter-less Cali

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at all that! You'll like what's in store later this year...

Comment

Very nice thread. Keep up the good work

Comment

Let us know when you get back to the US. Join San Diego BMW CCA Facebook page. I'm more active on there. And also take it to autox. Next autox I am going to will be in June with them.

Comment

Man can't believe the love u put into that car! Didn't know you had mad skills my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbalyland77 View Post
              Man can't believe the love u put into that car! Didn't know you had mad skills my friend!
              Thanks bro! I have many more good things coming this year so hopefully we can get some local meets going.

Your alpine coupe was super awesome too!

Comment

Hey guys, it's been awhile! I'll have a lot more updates now that I'm home and have some dollars to throw at the car.

For this update, I present the e30 Harness Bar/chassis brace/GoPro Mount! I built it myself in my shop (garage, ha!) and am considering making more. It ties into the body at 4 OEM locations and uses the same hardware as the existing restraints. It is a 1.5" tube with 1" tubular supports. It is MIG and TIG welded and uses beefy 3/16 end plates with 3/8 hardware. The main bar is height adjustable and the suppports also adjust using threaded spherical joints. They bolt together with stainless hardware. I think the finished product is awesome. I'm going to drive it around for a few days and make sure it doesn't need any modifications before I take it to get powdercoated (although it looks awesome raw IMO). Please enjoy the pics!

Installed:

Thanks for looking!

Comment

That's pretty slick. You should make like 5 of them... lol
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Yeah those are dope
                    sigpic
                    '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
                    Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

Wow would def like to mount one of those in the ride. Local pick up! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the props guys! More on the harness bars coming soon...I have some things I want to tweak before I offer it to the general public.

For this weekend's update...new kicks and another BIG turn for this project!

I got a sweet score at the yards on labor day...some e38 Style's for extremely low pricing. I couldn't resist. The wheels are wrapped in 215/45/16 Falken Azenis RT615K's and should help my grip a little. 42DD adapters are on the way and I will be sure to post pics once I have the wheels mounted. For now, here are the wheels wrapped in fresh rubber!

My next and biggest update is:

I got a GTX3076R for the next 'phase' of this car. After 5 years, stock S52 power is growing monotonous and I just want a little more. The turbo should offer excellent response and still provide all the power I could want. Housing is a T3 .82 with V-band. My plans include this turbo, blow-thru maf/tune, an air/water IC, cut-ring/ARPs, clutch (tbd) and general refresh of the engine bay.

Stay tuned!

Comment

👍🏽👍🏽

Comment

This car is nice. Makes me want a alpine white car.

Comment

I decided to put my style 5s on too. Ordered adapters today. Mount them babies.

Comment

efficient, thanks!! bubbalyland77, sick dude...we will continue to be twins, haha!! Here is a recent pic:

I need to get out and do an actual photoshoot with it some time soon.

I don't have too many updates currently; gathering parts for the turbo project. I recently got the Good n' Tight manifold. Here is a test fit on my spare block:

Also, my largest distractor from car stuff has been my foray into CNC Plasma-cutting. I have plans to build some parts with my set up and just got it running...stand by for some awesome stuff out of this. One pic of the first cut:

Also a little video:

Comment

Working...
                                X