X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Bowers
    replied
    Having a 3.73 with around 60% lockup...

You will splooge, my friend. It's a fantaaaaaastic feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    So I got my diff back this week from getting shimmed up. Also got a IE Urethane mount put in it while it was there. So I fitted it today 3.73 Mid Case LSD Shimmed up to about 75% apparently. Will see how it is to drive in the next couple of weeks :P

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Not too big of a update. This morning I went out to work on the car & fitted the new alternator. Then proceeded to play around with my suspension to try and get rid of the metal on metal sound & a few vibrations. General look over the car shows that the vorschlag mounts I got much be manufactured wrong as the sump ever so slightly touches the steering rack. Hopefully Vorschlag will clear this up so I can get mounts in there that work & I can drive it. I also had a play around for 10 minutes after work yesterday & made up a gauge console for my gauges. Here's a pic of it coated with some black leather I had laying around at work & my 3 60mm Defi gagues in it. Oil temp, Oil Pressure & boost, Unfortunately there wasn't any room to run a wideband in the console so I'll have to find somewhere else to run it.

I also ordered a Good & Tight manifold off Otis this morning. So will be looking forward to that turning up.

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by aus-m42turbo View Post
    Hmm wish i knew this earlier, oh well i will just have to work with what i have now. Although what ive installed is a new model, same as platinum sport but 1 grade lower.
    The issue that I read with the earlier model Haltech was the same as what you have. But they did manage to get it to work with screwing around with the crank trigger if I recall. Keep me up to day if the 500 does work & I'll most likely look into doing one myself.

Leave a comment:

• aus-m42turbo
    replied
    Hmm wish i knew this earlier, oh well i will just have to work with what i have now. Although what ive installed is a new model, same as platinum sport but 1 grade lower.

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by aus-m42turbo View Post
    Car looks grate, well done.
    What ecu are you intending on using? Reason for asking is I have also built an m42 turbo and installed a haltech sprint 500 but having trouble getting it to fire. i think my trouble lies with the crank angle sensor. Will continue to investigate but kinda stumped at this point. Anyway good luck with your build and pls keep updating with pics.
    Was going to look into running haltech too. Have heard problems about the earlier haltechs having issues with the crank angle sensor. I'll most likely look a lot more into it in a couple of months when I get closer to having it finished.

Although there is a M42 running the Platinum sport 1000 down south somewhere.
    Last edited by Reap3r; 08-30-2011, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aus-m42turbo
    replied
    Car looks grate, well done.
    What ecu are you intending on using? Reason for asking is I have also built an m42 turbo and installed a haltech sprint 500 but having trouble getting it to fire. i think my trouble lies with the crank angle sensor. Will continue to investigate but kinda stumped at this point. Anyway good luck with your build and pls keep updating with pics.

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    So not too much of a update as such. Except I got the car back together with new Vorschlag mounts & a few other bits & peices. First drive though & it blew the alternator. Currently waiting to pick up another one.

I also got my 3.73 LSD in the mail :) & promptly sent it off to get shimmed up to be a bit tighter.

Also got some remote filter housing stuff & take off plates from chris (e30guydownunder).

Today I got around to giving them a bit of a clean up & a fresh coat of paint.

I also picked up my Turbo. A Rebuild Trust T517z with 8cm rear housing. Hoping to start getting some more work done on the car this week & will do some more updates.

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Hahah, Gt35 is a lil big :P I need to get new longer 90 deg bends before we do the cooler piping anyway so I'll end up getting red ones anyway.

Leave a comment:

• orangeute338
    replied
    neat install, pitty its not getting a gt35;) and ditch them blue joiners and get some red ones

Leave a comment:

• Broom Broom
    replied
    Well done, nice to see an Aussie e30 thread and a good one at that

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon S View Post
    Holy shit - don't know how I missed this thread..

Great job Reap3r !
    Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Cheers
    Cheers, Stay tuned for some more things over the next couple of weeks. Should have a lot of things turn up this week that will get stuff rolling towards it getting on the road boosted!

Leave a comment:

• Simon S
    replied
    Holy shit - don't know how I missed this thread..

Great job Reap3r !
    Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    delicious!

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    So I haven't really done much more except mount it up correctly with the radiator in place.

I will in fact end up needing a thinner thermo fan as the 16 inch one I currently have is about 40mm too thick.

Also pulled the exhaust manifold off & did some drawing's of the flange on it so it can be lazer cut out to do my turbo manifold :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X