Originally posted by jasonsnoddy View Post
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

What happened man?

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

Whenever you get fed up with it, just send it to me. It will be waaayyyy less stressful in the long run But seriously what happened?

Comment

September 13th, 2010

From the outside everything is perfectly fine, plenty of traction oil, and all the hoses are properly hooked up.

Though there is one massive problem. The whining noise that I have come to love so dearly is no longer being made, and there is also no boost. None at all.

Yet for some odd reason, the car still drives itself. Idles and starts up without flaw. No other noises, apart form the lack of the whine.

Oh, and its much much slower now.

Its supercharger rebuild time!!
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Oh and the thing that pisses me off is that I never really pushed it either. I hit 6k maybe a handful of times, and it lived below 4k on its daily commute.

I shoulda beat the piss out of it. Then I could at least be satisfied with it being broken.

Comment

damn dude well good luck, to be honest I thought something a lot worse happened

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

wow i just read this entire thread right now. fucking amazing. makes me very interested in doing this, except the SC. i dont really need THAT much power. wondering if its more cost effective to do a swap or just keep and build up the M42. I put money aside for the e30 and im trying to figure out what to spend it on first. i know this thing has a lot of power, but how is it as far as the handling and stability?

and totally glad it was only the SC that failed. my heart sank at "stay tuned"

Comment

September 14th, 2010

Well I took the belt off and spun the SC, and it spun very easily for about 180 degrees, then it got almost impossible, then freed up again. Before it used to 'click' every 5 degrees or so, now its nothing like that.

Failed bearings.

I found a company that rebuilds superchargers, and I am currently emailing them.

If I can get the bearings from a supplier I would love to do it myself, and save myself a bunch of money, but if that isnt available I am ready to shell over 500 dollars to get it profiessionally rebuilt and resealed.

To tonywonder:

The E30 is very stable. I did a cruise through Julian a couple weeks back, and I had a blast carving up the roads. It is very easy to set the throttle down in a turn and slide. even in second or third gear.

But as far as a DD setup, I honestly cant complain. Sure there are precautions I have to take everytime I drive it, like waiting for the SC to warm the traction oil, and around town the gas mileage is not great, about 14 mpg (thats driving conservatively), though on the freeway I averaged 28.5!

If I had to do it again I definitely would. As you can tell, I am about to fork over a pretty portion of my paycheck to get it fixed.

Before it was SC'ed, hell even before the S52, it put a grin on my face. Only difference now is that the grin is much much larger, and I can flash it past very expensive and fast cars as I pass them.

Everything is gonna be alright. Pulling off the SC tonight, and if I can find some bearings I wanna dive into it soon. If not, its getting packaged up and shipped to Texas to be fixed. (which is what I might do anyway, especially if the company offers a warranty of any length.)

Comment

thats pretty fucking lame that you didn't even romp on it and it goes down like that. i would def be exchanging words with the manufacturer haha.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
                    ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
                    Originally posted by JakeP
                    with a coathanger

Comment

Looks like I am unable to do it myself.

So supercharger rebuilds is gonna get a healthy percentage of my paycheck, depending on if the bearings are shot, or if its just the shaft.

After its rebuilt and I reinstall it I promise I am gonna romp the absolute shit out of it. Just in case it goes down again I can at least be content.

Comment

You were never able to go WOT on it? Does that mean you could have dusted that e92 m3?

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

Originally posted by lga714 View Post
                          You were never able to go WOT on it? Does that mean you could have dusted that e92 m3?
                          Possibly.

I definitely had a comfort zone, and the car had a couple of limitations. Who knows.

Pics in a few minutes

Comment

try calling these places maybe they can help you get your SC fixed. so you wont have to ship it off to texas.

littlefield blowers (714) 992-9292

the blower shop (661)-299-5483

san diego super chargers (619) 390-1332
                            :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
                              try calling these places maybe they can help you get your SC fixed. so you wont have to ship it off to texas.

littlefield blowers (714) 992-9292

the blower shop (661)-299-5483

san diego super chargers (619) 390-1332
                              Thanks for the information!

Comment

Still waiting on word from the supercharger guy to tell me how bad it is.

I wish he would hurry up........ I am gonna have to find something else to spend all of my time on.

I miss my E30.

Comment

Working...
                                X