No announcement yet.

The MR E30 Project Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so where did you end up taking it to get looked at ?
    :borg:

Comment

Dun dun dunnn....
      KingB

Comment

September 25th, 2010

This is going to be an update that has both good things, and bad things in it. Its a pretty definitive change from what we all thought was going to happen with my E30.

As you all know, output shaft failure killed the Rotrex C30 sc that was rocketing my E30 around. I sent it off to a guy in texas, who could fix it, but wanted to charge an extra 400 dollars as a 'rebuild' fee. I didnt agree with charging that much to tighten 6 bolts, so I am having him ship it back, and I am going to take it to one of the places here in SD.

Bottom line, if they cant fix it, or want to charge bogus fees for something I did myself in my barracks room, I am going to drop the SC from the E30.

I know, I know. But there are other plans for it. I want to get the car ready for more power, and then turbo it, because the gains are monumentous compared to the SC. I am gonna package the SC up and put it in the corner of my room and save it for another day.

Well now that we got the bad out of the way, lets focus on something good.

I picked up another S52 a few days ago. The only thing different about this one from the last one i bought for the E30 is that it is inside a 1997 Estoril M3.

Say Hello.

Dont worry, I am keeping the E30. I could never let it go.

The reason I bought this one is to have something with ac, that I can drive my lady around in without her getting all hot and shit.

I also need to build some credit, and I wanted a car that everyone would enjoy looking at, not just enthusiasts.

The M3 is a little rough around the edges, and I already put together a list of parts and hit up the dealership this morning to get a bunch of trim pieces, clips and interior bits to make it better.

The goal is to have a reliable DD with ac that I can take on long roadtrips and not go insane from the drone of the exhaust.

I am going to detail it before I take real pictures of it. I am going for a black and blue look. so expect smoked lenses and black rims along with dark tint.

The thread is still gonna focus on the E30, and it will still have work done to it, but I will also document the life of the 97 M3 as well.

If you are disappointed I am sorry, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

good choice for a dd. turbo the e30, sc the m3 ;)

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
          ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
          Originally posted by JakeP
          with a coathanger

Comment

turbo>sc.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

dope m3 man. how much did you pick it up for? and i still cant wait to see the final outcome of your beastly e30.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

I will take your supercharger parts. :)

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                  I will take your supercharger parts. :)
                  Maybe for some air ride suspension. muahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                    dope m3 man. how much did you pick it up for? and i still cant wait to see the final outcome of your beastly e30.

Thanks man, I am loving it and fixing it up already.

I got it for 7k, exactly as you see it.

Comment

Haha, I can't help you there but I can give you all the info you need to make a kit. :)

Comment

MR E30 DYNO Tech Motorsports in Oceanside has the same sc as you. Maybe he could fix it.
                        Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                          MR E30 DYNO Tech Motorsports in Oceanside has the same sc as you. Maybe he could fix it.

Thanks for the info. I am waiting for it to get back from the guy in texas and then I will take it to places here in SD.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                            Thanks man, I am loving it and fixing it up already.

I got it for 7k, exactly as you see it.
                            damn man thats not bad at all. my buddy just picked up an e36 the other day in schwarz ii for 5k. he should have waited for an m. looks good though, they are really growing on me now!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                            my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                              damn man thats not bad at all. my buddy just picked up an e36 the other day in schwarz ii for 5k. he should have waited for an m. looks good though, they are really growing on me now!
                              Was at work for 24 hrs and after getting about an hour of sleep, I spent about 10 mins just staring at your avatar. Well done :)
                              e92 M3
                              e30 M3 s52 swap
                              w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                              190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Originally posted by FLYNAVY View Post
                                Was at work for 24 hrs and after getting about an hour of sleep, I spent about 10 mins just staring at your avatar. Well done :)
                                hahaha thanks ;)
                                glad i could brighten up your day :mrgreen:

btw, what part of oceanside are you from. i got fam up there and other cities in sd and i visit them frequently.

my feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                                X