The MR E30 Project Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 22nd 2010

Damn it is tight in there. Started the intercooler pipe routing after I installed the oil cooling system.

I have lots of cutting to do, but one a positive note, I had an excuse to buy a cutoff wheel!

No pics tonight, but I will have some for you tomorrow.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Slacker, we need pics and videos. I have been putting off adding a supercharger to my e30 for almost 2 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
        Slacker, we need pics and videos. I have been putting off adding a supercharger to my e30 for almost 2 years now.
        Haha, dont worry there will be plenty of those when she is all wrapped up.

The tune also arrives tomorrow, so that will kick my ass into high gear to get it done. And the fact that I have to walk some places, and I hate doing that.

Comment

June 23rd, 2010

Well progress was made, albeit it wasnt as much as I would have liked. I was forced to stop early because I needed a 90 degree tube for the discharge to intercooler tubing. So a trip was made to autozone and I found one that will work just fine.

Its also the best friends 21st birthday, so I will be going out with him tonight to celebrate.

Unfortunately the tune didnt get here today, but it is really close and will be here tomorrow according to the tracking info. Which is fine, cause the E30 still needs a little bit more work, and I have a few things to tweak to make it fit better.

It is definitely a puzzle to get it all to fit in there, and I cut two pieces out of either side to allow the intercooler to properly fit, and it worked out perfectly.

Onto the pics!!

Just to show you I am not lying....

The three hoses that route into the system, just begging to be attached!! I know the car is dirty, but due to my situation I cant clean every nook and cranny, so dirty it will remain!

I am happy with how the progress is coming along. I can only work for a few hours each day after work.

DISCLAIMER: This is not the final location of the intercooler (angle wise), it had to be in place to check the fitment. I promise it will be held on by the brackets that came with the kit, and not zip-ties. I picked up some self tapping bolts, and the brackets will be mounted and attached tomorrow.

Thats all I have for now. I am learning a lot about superchargers, and forced induction in general. Its a lot of fun, and I cant wait to experience the power.

Comment

Great work. Cant wait to see it all finished up and running.

Comment

June 24th, 2010

FML, I just found out that Rotrex SC SX100 traction oil is 90 dollars a quart. That adds another damper to my plans of getting it running. Plus I have to wait for it to ship. And apparently there isnt a substitute, because the oil gains viscosity at high rpm's or some shit.

Not what I wanted to read, but I guess if you want to drive like I want to drive you are gonna have to wait and pay the big bucks to get it done right.

No progress is being made today. Tomorrow I will finish it up and put it all back together, and just sit there and look at it until I have the money, and the traction oil comes in.

If on the rare occasion that someone has some extra, I will definitely buy it from you.

Comment

you only change the oil every 2 years though, right?
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                  you only change the oil every 2 years though, right?
                  Its every 50k, or once every two years if driven less than 5k miles a year.

Its not that, its just the fact that I exhausted my funds and I have to wait til i get paid on wednesday, then buy it online (the only place it is available) and then wait for it to be shipped to me, all before I can fire up and drive the car.

It will be done and all patched up by saturday at the latest. Its just a bummer i will have to wait so much longer to drive it.

Comment

You fail me, I wanted to see videos this weekend.

Comment

I failed myself!

Comment

Well unhook the belt till the rest of the stuff comes.
                        Atleast you can drive the car till then.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                          Well unhook the belt till the rest of the stuff comes.
                          Atleast you can drive the car till then.

Hm, thats a really good idea. I will look into that this weekend, cause I know the AA pulleys on the bracket might interfere with the stock belt routing. But if not it sounds feasible.

That way, I could have all the items on the car that I need to go really fast, but I can still be slow. haha

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                            That way, I could have all the items on the car that I need to go really fast, but I can still be slow. haha
                            SLOW? I still dont think an s52 e30 can be considered "slow." Its just not fast enough. ;)

M50B25tu

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

June 25th, 2010

Well the most important piece came in. I picked up my OBDI SC S52 tune from TRM at the post office today. That put a big smile on my face.

I have to go to an exhaust shop today to get one of the intercooler pipes slightly modified to fit the E30.

After that I will either modify the valance to make the intercooler fit. or I will hopefully just mount it up and put the front end back together. More pics will follow. I wish I could find a local place that had the Rotrex SC traction oil so I could just drive it already!!

Comment

Working...
                                X