• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    It is time for paint.

Please stand by.
    Wat

Since when did you have plans to paint it?

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
      Wat

Since when did you have plans to paint it?
      About a day now. One of my best friends wants to help me do it before he deploys to Afghanistan. So now that I have a teammate that I know will come through, its time to paint it. And hopefully make it look as nice as it is fast.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

if you didn't care about looks, you wouldn't such a sweet stance :D

what lip is that? not some version of an "is" lip is it? or volvo?
        I'd rather bag your mom than my car :D

Comment

About a day now. One of my best friends wants to help me do it before he deploys to Afghanistan. So now that I have a teammate that I know will come through, its time to paint it. And hopefully make it look as nice as it is fast.
          Thats cool. I gotcha now. So, have you decided on a color?

And I'm sure the end result will look just as good as those mechanical enhancements preform;)

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

stay with diamondschwartz. you car will look sex with fresh paint

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

That is a volvo lip, but since its getting painted I am adding a whole slue of parts to my 'need to get' list. Euro grills, euro trim, my 12th iS lip, etc.

Everything I do with this car needs to call attention to it. I dont know if I wasnt loved enough as a child, or if I am partially retarded, but I want the paint to stand out, just like the rest of the car does. It was built to be low, loud, fast and aggressive. So thats how I want to portray it to everyone that is fortunate to lay eyes on it.

With that in mind, we are thinking of a metallic matte darker orange, with two shiny black racing stripes smack dab in the middle. The rims would definitely become gloss black as well. All the trim and plastic pieces would either be new, or be freshly repainted to really compliment the orange.

Though that is still up in the air. But I can envision it looking pretty drastic. Which is just how I like it.

And I know I promised videos!! But I still do not have any to show you. I promise I will have something soon!

Comment

How did you like going from an NV to an S52? Having ridden in an S50 car and owning an NV car I can say there is gobs of midrange, but the fun high-end powerband shape of the NV just isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                  How did you like going from an NV to an S52? Having ridden in an S50 car and owning an NV car I can say there is gobs of midrange, but the fun high-end powerband shape of the NV just isn't there.
                  I agree fully. The NV up top was so pathetic, a Honda civic was faster.

It did have lots of bottom end torque, which I became very addicted too.

But the S52 just gives it all, and after the supercharger, I have power in all gears at all rpms. 5th gear at 1500 rpms still has plenty of pulling power. I cant complain whatsoever.

Comment

I agree fully. The NV up top was so pathetic, a Honda civic was faster.

It did have lots of bottom end torque, which I became very addicted too.

But the S52 just gives it all, and after the supercharger, I have power in all gears at all rpms. 5th gear at 1500 rpms still has plenty of pulling power. I cant complain whatsoever.
                    Good job with the E30 bro, you'll have to bring her to AZ and show me in person.

Comment

July 11th, 2010

Well what has been keeping the E30 down has finally arrived.

1 liter of this stuff cost me 150 dollars. You can bet your ass I will not be spilling a single drop of this gold.

I also hope none of you ever have to purchase this stuff. Way way too expensive. haha

To be installed tomorrow.

Comment

July 13th, 2010

I was gonna shoot a video tonight, but I noticed a weird rushing noise, and a slight bucking when the car was in gear with no throttle.

I peek around and see a nice big gash in the tube that attaches the release valve to the intake. Great.

So I hop in my buddies newly acquired jeep (woot to the no doors!!) and run over to Autozone. No luck. So we head to home depot and enter the plumbing department. Find exactly what I need and proceed to the checkout. The lady doesnt know what it is, and says they are understaffed so I get the tube for free. +1 for the E30.

Needless to say I spent a few minutes and reattached the once gashed tube. Fired her up and everything seemed great.

Now to make some videos!!

Comment

What is the golden liquid?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's oil for his supercharger.
                            Dean
                            Instagram
                            1987 325isA
                            1987 325i - 383k

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                              What is the golden liquid?

Rotrex SX100 Supercharger traction oil.

I found 1 vendor that actually worked. and it cost me wayyyy to much

Comment

Damn dude, Its been a while since last time I checked up on this thread and I've missed a lot!

I can't believe you boosted it. Your really not fucking around, props.

It really needs some paint, though I must say I hope to god you don't paint it orange. Be classy, this is such a cool car. Not to say that orange isn't... it just isn't on an E30, BUT I have lots of faith in you. You've done very well so far so I'm hoping you do it right.
                                -Nick
                                Originally posted by 87e30
                                First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Working...
                                X