1986 325e - M50 Stroker Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
    Pumped to see this build. But on your parts list, you can make a lot more than 350whp. You could go close to 500 reliably from the M50NV builds I've seen.
    Once I get the whole car the way I want it I will be upping the boost and trying for more whp. Right now it still has stock suspension and stock tire size. GC coilovers and some wider tires are in order first.

He said they were made for M50. He was planning a M50 turbo project but ran out of funds. My fault really, I thought they should be more concave for low compression pistons. Lesson learned. Hopefully I can sell these along with my Eagles and make some quick money.

FS thread will be posted soon. Anyone looking for 135mm Eagles and 84.5mm bore 9.5 cr pistons?
    Last edited by brokenbimmer533; 08-04-2010, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Holy shit, completely forgot about this project log. Well, I'll try to catch you up on the build.

Alright, I bought new wiseco pistons with 8.5 cr. This was a major set back as working part time while in school doesn't make me the big bucks. Sold the eagle rods and bought a set of integrated engineering 135mm rods. Block was oringed and copper wire was used.

I taped the block up to keep all the dust/debris out of my freshly rebuilt bottom end. Sanded and scraped with power tools and hand tools to remove the factory engine block paint. Primary tool was angle grinder and die grinder with wire brush attachments. Final product

Lots of hours spent in the garage during this process, consumed plenty of this

Next was new oil pump gear and chain. Oil pump gear nut is safety wired.

Front timing cover was painted and installed.

MLS head gasket was used. Had a little trouble with my ARP head studs. The ones I bought from a third party were advertised as m50 studs. The box had correct engine code on it but they were about a .5 inch too short. Found a place local that had a set of studs and compared what they had to my original ones. This confirmed that the original ones were too short so I bought the new studs. No shots of this but here is a picture of the head on.

And the biggest "FUCK IM A DUMBASS" moment of the build.

This gets screwed into the bottom of the head. Head already on. shit.. Pull it all back off and get everything correct. Then back together.
      All new timing components gears, chains, guides, tensioners.

More assembly... oil filter housing, waterpump, thermostat etc

Degrease and painted the ZF trans nice and shiny. Didnt take any pictures but it has the M3 clutch upgrade from turnermotorsports.

Engine is assembled and sitting next to the e30 in the garage.

Big thanks to Steve, multiple orders made through email and usually at odd hours. Steve was always quick to respond and quick to get the order out the door. All oem parts came from him on this build.
      Last edited by brokenbimmer533; 12-15-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Time to rip out the old eta motor. Had a couple friends come over to help.

Crunched the ac condenser pretty good and the lip of the core support. Don't have to worry about AC in Nebraska winter and I straightened the core support as best I could.
        Empty engine bay that is dirty, dirty, dirty. Spent a good couple days cleaning the bay. Didn't have a power washer and hated my life for those couple days.

Prepping...

Hooking it up to the hoist

Cant find pictures of it in but it is in, hooked up and running. I have one more final tomorrow and will get more pictures up after I get back home.

Nate

Comment

Updates? I'm planning on a nearly identical build/swap with an HX35.
          1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

updates????

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

What happened to this car?

Comment

Working...
              X