My new project E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new project E30

Its been a while but i finally picked up another e30, this one is for me, not my wife like the last ic! I picked up this beauty outside of Atlantic City. Body is in good shape and the paint is actually very good, cant wait to give it a detail. Runs great, great top. The big issue is the interior. The previous owner broke the plastic heater box while trying to change the blower motor. He had removed the dash and was trying to get the heater box out. Those of you who have changed a blower motor know how terribly funny this is. So the car has been sitting for a while and now its mine. Ill let the pics do the talking, let me know ur comments!

What a great driveway!!!!

And the dumbass of the year award goes to this guy:

All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Nice! Cant wait to see the progress.
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Thanks man, maybe when i get it on the road i'll actually make it up to see you!

Hey did early black vert's come with flat black bumper surrounds like sedans? I thought verts all had em painted body color, anyone know?

Comment

You should have posted the pic of the m3 last. It makes your other e30 look terrible, no offense.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
        You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

ours are painted

all of the verts I've seen have been painted. Your project looks familiar... We brought this one home for the wife a couple of months ago... Now if I can only get her to drive it...

Comment

fistpump!

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

You know what? This will decimate all... after we put about fifteen grand or more under the hood. If we have to, overnight some parts from Japan.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
              ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
              Originally posted by JakeP
              with a coathanger

Comment

I bought a 325ic for my wife too, i spent tons of time fixing it up and once it was done, she wanted a new beetle convertible, so we sold it, see pics below

Fistpump? GTL baby

$15k? I'm hoping to keep the repairs under $150 bucks lol

Before

After

Comment

Good luck with this one!

I remember reading about the red ic, and you did a great job on that one too. Looking forward to seeing progress
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Thanks man, i hope it turns out like the last one too. I'm trying not to spend alot on it, but for $650 I can reupholster the interior just like the red one. I'm trying hard to resist!

I got a lil progress done, i got the dash completely out, the PO had it unbolted, but all of the wiring was still going thru it. I'm picking up a heater box this weekend and trying to decide if I want to replace the dash or not.

Comment

Nice find Jeff...glad you kept the touring though...:) Speaking of which shooting you a PM>
                      BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Ok a lil bit more today, after finding out the wiring is differnt on 87 and under and 88+ the hard way :) , I went to the local pick and pull and picked up a new heater box assembly. It came with about a thousand free ants! Lucky me. Anyway, got it in. Question for you guys the blower motor only works on speed 4, whats wrong, isnt it a resistor or something?

Next is the dash. I've had a perfect dash in my basement for about 4 years now for the M3. The M3 one isnt cracked or anything but it has a few small marks it in, looks like from a screwdriver or something so I'm just going to take that out of the M3 and put it in this car. I cant wait to get to stuff that will make it look better, damn mechanical/maintenance stuf lol!

Yeah, new box is in!

Even looks right from this side

Spagetti anyone? Now I have to deal with this mess!

Comment

Jeff,

You're right the resistor is hosed hence the reason why it only works on 4...its easily accessible from the engine bay. I believe its a $23 part or so.
                          BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Thanks Ola

Here is todays work. Well as I mentioned before I have a perfect dash for the M3, so i took the dash out the M3 today cause its still pretty nice, and I redid the wiring on the M3 dash so its ready to go back in. Now the dash from the M3 will go into the vert, and the vert dash will go into the trash. How many people do you know that have 3 e30 dashes on their front lawns? My wife was so proud when she got home!

Next up reinstallations

dash out of the M3

e30 Dash Tri-fecta

Comment

Ok, got the dash board in today, starting to look like something!

Comment

Working...
                              X