Absorbantnut's '87 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
    Can you explain this belina tight thing to me? I must've missed it!
    It's something my friends tell me to help me remember to check my torque specs after a few mishaps It was taken far enough where stickers were made and Jay gave me this at the track

And here's what I'm trying to do with the engine bay. Black krinkle & chrome, but I still need to touch up a lot of things. Just posting my progress so far:p

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

I like it! A little cleaner than my engine bay right now... that thing is slowly becoming a bigger and bigger mess with every problem I have

My Transaction Feedback
      My "build" thread
      BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Awesome build mate, I just read the whole thing. I like the turbo set up, doesn't seem too complicated. I'd like to do something like that. Would you recommend it? Recommend starting with the second larger turbo?

I dig the rust, its unique. I liked the green accents too, especially the valve cover, kinda sad to see it go.

Comment

Gonna be out of commission for the next few months guys, broke my ulna and radius. Two plates & 13 screws later and I'm back in action, well kinda lol

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
            Gonna be out of commission for the next few months guys, broke my ulna and radius. Two plates & 13 screws later and I'm back in action, well kinda lol
            Wow, that blows. Good luck recovering man.

How did you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by boisebimmer View Post
              Wow, that blows. Good luck recovering man.

How did you do that?
              Second this!
              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Skateboarding! Tried a 360 flip & ate it

Comment

Ouch! That X-Ray hurts to look at.

Sorry for the bad luck. :(

Comment

I have a few things coming in the mail ;)

Comment

So I have been healing up fairly quickly. I have a good amount of mobility back in my arm, here's a more recent picture. Sorry for the large pictures in advance, my smarter smart phone broke the day before I broke my arm.

^^ That's from where they operated to put in the plates. I have one scar on each side of the arm. I haven't let this break slow me down though! My roommate was able to get his TA to weld my junkyard bov flange onto my charge pipe, allowing me to finally have some sort of pressure release valve.

I tightened the valve all the way, but it still leaked. So I ordered an ebay knock off of the Greddy Type-RS blow off valve. I haven't had it in the car yet because the flange is a different size than my current one:puppy:

I also ordered up a 4 gauge center vent panel from r3v member jaywood. It arrived very quickly, I would recommend him if you need any panels! Now that I had the panel I needed some stuff to fill it up with...so I ordered an oil pressure gauge and a real boost gauge!

I wired up the gauges Friday and installed the oil pressure sending unit last night & everything works! Now I just need to fill that fourth hole; I'm debating EGT vs water temp. Or if anyone knows something better, feel free to suggest it.

Comment

Fuck yeah the boost gauge looks nice sittin there ;)

I'd vote oil temp, that way you know when the oil's warm enough to start beating on the car

My Transaction Feedback
                        My "build" thread
                        BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Took two more videos after some AFM adjustment. Still need to refine some things, but it's quick! Excuse the terrible shifting, I just got approved to drive.

Comment

I saw this car at Daytona in the paddock last weekend.. I knew I'd seen it on the forums. Looks quick!
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Glad to see the gauge panel worked out for you! Looks and sounds great man

Comment

Not much has been done in a month. Spaced out the rear wheels 5mm more, rewired the AFM, and ground down some more paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X