Absorbantnut's '87 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    Wow, that is impressive. Good job on that.

That is the first time I have ever seen anyone sow their seats back together. haha Good shit.
    Thanks bud, means a lot;)

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Figures out why my rear end drops so much, busted shocks of course;)

So today I removed all 12 allen bolts that hold the driveaxels to the diff and just need to pick up a 30mm socket so I can remove the side that attached to the wheel hubs.

Then I decided to drain the diff oil because its a mysterious car. Ended up just having a gatorade bottle as a catch can so I used that. Suddenly though, a gust of wind came and blew a bunch of that old black fluid into my face. Sure got me by surprise

Next I need to get an intake boot because mines torn to shreds and giving me idle problems

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Filled up the diff with some new oil, removed the right driveaxle completely and am now working on ordering some CV boots to replace my ripped ones.

Where are my comments from u guise:(

Comment

So since I had my front valance off, I decided to fab up some new of those NLA plastic brackets. So I got some plastic from the company my father delivers to and was on [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]my [COLOR=blue !important]way[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. I'll have to post pics later, but they turned out great in my opinion. Much stronger than the 20 year old ones that were supporting it for sure, and probably stronger than new ones. And no more saggy valance! Everything's tight up front and I'm starting to repaint the trim.

Its starting to look like a car again, and not so much a beater!

Heres the pics of me fabbing those brackets

Broken brackets removed. One good one left.

Making and fitting the first bracket.

Heres the second bracket. As you can see its getting darker and darker, but its just about done.

Heres the bracket 100% complete. Wirewheeled the metal strip and shot it with some black. Then put all the new brackets on.

No sag, 100% perfection. Total cost $0

Before painting the windshield strip. And a good shot of how the valance is straight

heres the window strip after I painted it, much better. No yellowish orange plastic

masking everything off for paint

Comment

Painted the front end bumper shrouds and rub strips. Sanded the black paint off the turn signal lenses and then cleared them, cam out nice:) Then I put olive oil on the dash to get some life back into it, sadly it doesnt remove cracks:p

Started the motor again and studied it. Idled at about 1100 rpms, so i took out the IVC to clean it and low and behold, its filled with a black slime Doused it in carberator cleaner and wiped out all the crap. Reinstalled it and no more high idle! Now I just need to get an intake boot and it should run much better. Also noticed when coming down from 3000 rpm it makes a little grinding sound. And if I hold the idle around there the noise persists. But if i r3v up or down it goes away. Think I need to adjust the valves.

Actually got around to really ordering the CV boots yesterday and UPS says they will arrive on the 12th. Till then, I dont know what Ill do. Just move TLC.

Thats all for now

Comment

Found some of the pics from when I bought the car

Comment

Dude, what bet did you lose to buy that heap. You have your hands SO full, good luck on everything.

P.S. if that cabby is yours, why did you not just put the money into that?
                ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                  Dude, what bet did you lose to buy that heap. You have your hands SO full, good luck on everything.

P.S. if that cabby is yours, why did you not just put the money into that?
                  Lol, I wanted a good long project:p But Im actually pretty far along. Drivetrain will be sound once I do these CV boots, got the motor running pretty good, now its all cosmetics:D

And that was the guys property, I do have an e30 cabbie though:o

Comment

So I did a compression check to check out how the motors doing, all were between 160 and 170, score!! That basically made my day yesterday:D Now Im just gonna clean the plugs and put them back in.

So today I decided, Im going to adjust the valves, so I took off the valve cover and holy crap. Its a black abyss. My vert has a rebuilt head, so it is spotless inside, so when I took it off, its amazing the stuff that builds up after 150,000+ miles. Then it started raining, so I covered it up and now am just waiting for the rain to stop.

Comment

Heres some pics I found

That was getting the tranny back in

Then came the driveshaft

Torn apart interior

So much stuff

Here was my CSB problem:o Boy was that fun

Swapping CSBs and great pic of the old slave

Thats what the muffler looks like

Rebuilt brakes

Removed the blue paint that was splashed on

Clean interior again!

Theres that RD green shift knob and my custom shift boot. Not too shabby for a first attempt

Comment

dude i feel so bad for you i think we need to call up chip foose from overhaulin and have you overhauled. it's not like you have 1 or even a hundred issues to fix you have issues everywhere in every conceivable way

Comment

I honestly don't see it being too bad. Mechanically it looks really sound, all it needs is some elbow grease to make it look it's part. It's a nice project that's for sure.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Dude, you are putting in work.

Comment

wow, that thing is beat. Good luck and glad to see you are saving her.
                              -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                                Dude, you are putting in work.
                                +1 one, great progress!

Comment

Working...
                                X