No announcement yet.

Absorbantnut's '87 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant even imagine dude. All that paint wasted . And time.
    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
    1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
    1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
    1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
      I cant even imagine dude. All that paint wasted . And time.
      Well we only did 1 1/2 coats all said and done. I still have a whole gallon of paint:p So things will either be fixed later on, or I'll sell the paint & recoupe my losses.

As a mini update I installed solid motor mounts, transmission mounts, and offset CABs from my man Carlos(silence);) I have a solid diff mount ready to go in as well, but I'm waiting to do all the rear end as one item. Trailing arm bushings, subframe bushings, and the sorts. I also have a new center support bearing for the driveshaft ready to go in when I get enough time. Having a job is quite a blessing:)

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

You're investing a lot in this so far, and it looks great. The paint color is perfect, and what I've been thinking about doing. Can I hire you guys for a job? (seriously)

It seems like FL cars are never a just build, it's mostly a restoration.

Comment

Hahaha, I'd love to help out, what did you have in mind?

Wiring in some trunk lights and such today. I got some rear 4" 600lb springs from einstein57 on here yesterday, he's a fantastic business man! I made the order late monday night, and he shipped them across the country with priority mail at no extra charge. Products arrived and look great! I would gladly do business with him again.

I have the rear adjusters, top hats, and springs in, and it's low! I need to raise it up a tad more because my exhaust lays on the ground :( No exhaust hangers FTL

I'm going to the Towers meet tonite in SFL, so hopefully I'll see some of you e30 nuts out there!

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Just a spray! I'll buy the paint, do all the prep, whatever, just need someone to spray the car. Probably the same color or a brighter silver. Maybe white... but white is played out, right?

Comment

Hahahaha, I'd rather you spray the car. Ill help out with everything else :) White would be the best to spray it in, light colors in general, because they hide imperfections;)

Comment

But the car is a faded blue, so the engine bay and everything else would look like poop.

I'd be down to spray it myself, it's just a beater DD and the paint isn't a huge issue to me, but I've never done it, and I don't have the equipment :(

Comment

Well I've dropped a fairly large chunk of money on an e30tech adjustable camber/toe kit for the rear subframe, hopefully I'll recoupe my losses in the amount of money I'll be saving on tires! Other than that I touched up a few black paint areas, wired & installed the front turnsignals after a few run-ins with the local police......and thats about all! I need to order my front & rear crankshaft seal and an oil pump seal next time I get some scratch.

Comment

nice!

My VW build page - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ic-intensive-)
                    SELL ME YOUR E30 IN ARIZONA!!

Comment

Took some terrible pictures, but it shows the car in its current state, figured I'd throw them up :p

Almost forgot to mention, my friend Ben tuned the car for me! It was running a 735 ecu for the longest time, a few months at least, and it was guzzling gas and had a stupid lopey idle hahaha. But he worked his magic on it and now it runs like a dream :)

Comment

Put the ellips back in & I recieved my adjsutable subframe kit from e30 tech(camber and toe!). I just placed my order with Blunt for a lower gasket kit and ordered some transmission fluid, which will hopefully solve my mystery grind in 4th gear :P

Comment

haha holy shit you psycho, you fixed it!
                          mad props man!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Well, I've lurked on this thread for several months getting ideas (and thinking that I really need to get on my welding and painting skills!), but since you dropped into my build thread I think it's time I say a legit "good job" to you - alot of tough work going into the rust issues especially. When I was 17 my idea of restoring a car was pulling off random parts and rattle-canning them, and maybe changing a clutch or brake pads. So it's all the more impressive what you've done being 17 - things that I can't even do when I'm 20 years older, lol.

keep it up. want to see this thing on the track!
                            Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
                            Track/street e21 build
                            visit Condor Speed Shop
                            visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              haha holy shit you psycho, you fixed it!
                              mad props man!
                              Haha, thanks man, it's a blast:D

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
                              Well, I've lurked on this thread for several months getting ideas (and thinking that I really need to get on my welding and painting skills!), but since you dropped into my build thread I think it's time I say a legit "good job" to you - alot of tough work going into the rust issues especially. When I was 17 my idea of restoring a car was pulling off random parts and rattle-canning them, and maybe changing a clutch or brake pads. So it's all the more impressive what you've done being 17 - things that I can't even do when I'm 20 years older, lol.

keep it up. want to see this thing on the track!
                              Thank you, my friend! I can't wait to see what we each get done in the next year on our cars!!

So the car is currently in the shop getting AC...here I come cold air! I have never had a car that had AC before, so this should be a real treat living in south Florida:p I'm making a trip up to Jaxonville for Track States to watch my sister in the car Thursday; hopefully this thing can make it! I'm so excited to go!!

I changed out the trans fluid & filled it up with some ATF gear oil, and 4th gear doesn't crunch as bad. Other than that, not much has been done. I haven't had a chance to put the lower seals in, so I'll need to bring some oil with me on the trip. I'm ordering ball joints next and possible a power steering delete from one of my favorite people, silence8 :o

Comment

Well, I'm late on updates as usual. The CPS went bad one night. So that meant no spark or fuel. I went wire tracing and relay checking, and ended up at the front of the car with a bad CPS. "Stole" one from my dad's vert which sits in the backyard to put in the car to keep it running:p

Then I swapped out the antifreeze for some waterwetter, put on some four year old RA1's and went to the track event at Homestead, FL!!!!

I did the hyperdrive and it was such a blast, I am for sure going back for a whole weekend next time:D Now onto some pics!

And the end of the day with all of us leaving:o

The car handled much better than I ever thought it would, it really has come a long way since when I got it. However, the exhaust still needs some work because according to everyone else, I sound like a tractor

Comment

Working...
                                X