DIY paint job. Done right. Hopefully

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • grays
    replied
    nice. but not really feeling the gold meshies. maybe gunmet or satin blk
    polish lip of course.

    Leave a comment:


  • e304me
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_Pare
    Technically not a DIY paint job. More like a DIY prep job. Car loos fantastic though.
    Yeah I planned to do it myself but then it got too cold. Looking back I am glad I didn't attempt it myself haha

    Leave a comment:


  • MT325is
    replied
    Also in for MORE pics!!!!!...

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_Pare
    replied
    Technically not a DIY paint job. More like a DIY prep job. Car loos fantastic though.

    Leave a comment:


  • MT325is
    replied
    Wow! i love it.. looks amazing!! good job man!

    Leave a comment:


  • mick 950
    replied
    hi

    The worst part is going to be figuring out the number of spacers that need to go behind each door. I had it all set up, but some of my stuff got moved when i went to grad school at the end of summer. Im actually supposed to be back at school now but I'm too sick to drive down.

    My dad has a motor cycle jack that I think is going to be very useful in putting the doors on. Also it will be a lot easier without the fenders on. I am going to go, doors, hood (since there are still the factory markings on the brackets) then fenders/valance might need to be done together, though there may be some markings I can go off of for the valance. Trunk has the factory markings as well.
    ......................
    classified website

    Leave a comment:


  • mick 950
    replied
    hi

    hello, welcome to forum site it is gud site for qus

    Leave a comment:


  • Butler
    replied
    Good lord thats beautiful!

    Leave a comment:


  • litu
    replied
    Awesome color :) I liked very much

    Leave a comment:


  • tak7
    replied
    Looks like the prep paid off, Good Job!
    Got any more pics?

    Leave a comment:


  • e304me
    replied
    Bigger pics, been on the road for a year or so now i think



    Leave a comment:


  • e304me
    replied
    herro prease



    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • CHIF8008
    replied
    that red looks like it will glow in sunlight haha

    Leave a comment:


  • AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Originally posted by browntown
    There are quite a few single stage paint e30's out there in red, white and black. Generally they can be buffed to a nice shine even 20 years later if they've been taken care of. The clear coat cars on the other hand, once it starts peeling (every bronzit it seems), it'll just get worse.

    I plan on single stage respray.
    This is what I am in the process of now

    OP, the car's looking great;)

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    any updates?

    Leave a comment:

Working...