X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs a full suite of walkaround pics.... very cool stuff done here

Comment

Originally posted by cabriodster87 View Post
      Best looking vert i have ever seen, i love the full leather interior. What a fantastic job you've done.
      Thanks, the full leather interior really is special. From the door cards to the console to the shift and e-brake boots to the seats, and to the illuminated mushroom knob, the leather is all oem and though it has patina, it's all intact. That's what's keeping me from using my mtech fabric.

I also like the basic black leather and shadowline on silver paint. That's why I went with the black andodized exhaust tips and I also added a shadowline-tip antenna. It's all tied together.

Also added a Traffic Pro radio, which is a better match to the interior than the Blaupunkt Toronto. Here's a pic when I was still testing it out (which is why the antenna is in the cubby).

Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 02:47 PM.
      sigpic
      January 2012 COTM

Comment

Nice vert! What's the weight difference between 323i ltw flywheel vs. m20 325i single mass flywheel? Did early trans come with different gearings compared to later g260? Also, your e-brake lever looks really long..

If you're in Toronto let's grab a coffee and talk about e30s some day!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GDA View Post
          Needs a full suite of walkaround pics.... very cool stuff done here
          I hope to take some exterior shots soon. The car has a lot of dings and the clearcoat is toast in many areas. It could really use a new paint job. But since I'm going with the "survivor" look for now, I'm going to get the dings removed and buff the paint soon.

Depending on how decent I can get get the exterior looking, I may install my recently refinished BBS RGs. Right now I'm running euroweaves which match the vert's patina pretty well.
          sigpic
          January 2012 COTM

Comment

nice work robert how does the car drive with the lighter flywheel

-
            Project
            Parts for Sale
            Feedback
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by jasonbk View Post
              Nice vert! What's the weight difference between 323i ltw flywheel vs. m20 325i single mass flywheel? Did early trans come with different gearings compared to later g260? Also, your e-brake lever looks really long..
              If you're in Toronto let's grab a coffee and talk about e30s some day!
              IIRC ,the 323i is about 13lb vs the 17lb 325i flywheel. Early trans had same gearing as far as I know. It's a leather mtech e-brake lever, same length as the stock rubber lever. Thanks man!

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
              nice work robert how does the car drive with the lighter flywheel
              It's seems to drive like a stock car should. But I've never driven an m20 with 325i single-mass or dual-mass flywheel before.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

I upgraded my rear speakers from the stock 4ohm 25w full range speakers to 4ohm 40w mid range speakers oem from an e39 or Z3 iirc. It's a really tight fit because of the bigger magnets, but a great upgrade.

sigpic
                January 2012 COTM

Comment

OEM convertible hardtop roof racks

sigpic
                  January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                    I upgraded my rear speakers from the stock 4ohm 25w full range speakers to 4ohm 40w full range speakers oem from an e39 or Z3 iirc. It's a really tight fit because of the bigger magnets, but a great upgrade.
                    Are they truly full-range? I can't wrap my head around high-frequency reproduction when the whole cone is moving from bass notes.
                    Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                      Are they truly full-range? I can't wrap my head around high-frequency reproduction when the whole cone is moving from bass notes.
                      I may have mispoken, but what I meant that they are not components. Basically, they are newer, higher wattage, oem, drop-in replacements that sound a heck of a lot better than the 25 year old original speakers, in my case. Here's the part number 65138375081.
                      Last edited by robrez; 08-05-2015, 05:14 PM.
                      sigpic
                      January 2012 COTM

Comment

this is what i used in my mtech2's rear speakers.

and these up front

i like them so much, i even but them in my blue car. they are much clearer than the bmw speakers and are pretty loud.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Over six years later and my convertible finally made its topless debut at SoCal Vintage this past weekend. A brand new key was appropriate for the occasion.

It was so fitting that I was able to meet the former owner of this car at SoCal Vintage. He confirmed a lot of what I already knew or suspected about the car and how it got to the condition it was in when I bought it. He said it came out really good, and that his father (who handed it down to him) would also get a kick out of its resuscitation.

My plans now are just to enjoy it in its "surviver" condition.

An advantage of moving the battery to the trunk and an iX washer bottle in it's place, is a better view of the headers and MK valve cover.
                          Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 02:48 PM.
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

NIce RG's those are forged and about 2.5 pounds lighter per a wheel. They are not common at all nice pick up.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

The guy who wanted to part it out was at Vintage?!!!
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                                Over six years later and my convertible finally made its topless debut at SoCal Vintage this past weekend. A brand new key was appropriate for the occasion.

It was so fitting that I was able to meet the former owner of this car at SoCal Vintage. He confirmed a lot of what I already knew or suspected about the car and how it got to the condition it was in when I bought it. He said it came out really good, and that his father (who handed it down to him) would also get a kick out of its resuscitation.

]
                                Very cool!

What key chain is that? Is it a dealer item?
                                Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Working...
                                X