X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My god I want it so bad.
    sigpic

Comment

Saw it in person tonight, Looks ridiculous cant wait to get a ride in the mud.
      1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

holy crap! how the hell did you manage to get those tires on?
        Originally posted by TimKninja
        Racelands are cheap shit.
        Originally posted by whodwho
        So are r3v members
        Originally posted by Cabriolet
        dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
          4 door 4x4 4 moar hoars
          all it needs is a 4 on the floor with 4 barrel carburetor..
          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Rock crawler e30 ftw

Comment

wat

Comment

So, what is the platform? If you got this far, you hafta have some sort of build thread made.

COTM

Comment

IX with fabbed body lift ?
                  [sigpic

Comment

holy shit i didn't even notice the monstrosity on the right at first, i just figured it was a truck. that thing is awesome!
                    Jason
                    flickr

Comment

Mud pics now!!

sub
                      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                      Got Drop?? ;-)
                      Originally posted by JinormusJ
                      But of course
                      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Yup, ill have some more pics and specs up soon. Build thread is just starting. Compiling pics at the moment.
                        sigpic

Comment

So lets start with a few specs on the Scout. After a few months of research i learned it was a decently loaded model

304 V8
                          727 chrysler Torque-flite transmission
                          D20 Dana Transfer case
                          Dana 44 axles front and rear
                          Automatic front axle lockers!
                          Carbureted (bleh)

I wasnt too wild about the idea of carbs so i decided to explore my options. Surprisingly there were actually a few fuel injection options. Including a GM Throttle Body Injection system. albeit crude it would be way way more reliable than the current 2 barrel holley. Which i was not looking foward to rebuilding and tuning.

This is where the pictures start getting scarce. I promise i will try to document alot better. Most of the work was done here and there and didnt warrent pictures at the time.

After some head scratching and parts sourcing i had my TBI setup. From a 1995 1-ton truck. Sporting the 5.7 . I will be replacing the 5.7 injectors in favor of the 5.0 ones for obvious reasons. Tuning will be later on down the road after its all put together. I have a few ideas about that but for now ill leave it alone.

I had to convert the points distributor to a electronic system. In order for the GM TBI setup to have a timing signal. I ended up using a Ford Duraspark pickup and reluctor ring modified and fit into the international Distributor. Ill cut to the chase and save the agonizing troubleshooting of a conversion of this nature lol.

heres a video. Runs great for this half-breed setup
                          Last edited by mattdk318i; 02-10-2011, 07:00 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

This is awesome
                            sigpic

Comment

I've dreamt of this, never thought somebody would do it. So much props.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
                              ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
                              Originally posted by JakeP
                              with a coathanger

Comment

Whoa! I thougt you were kidding but I guess not...we will need videos of this once it's running.
                                Originally posted by TimKninja
                                Racelands are cheap shit.
                                Originally posted by whodwho
                                So are r3v members
                                Originally posted by Cabriolet
                                dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

Working...
                                X