No announcement yet.

88 SE30 - It Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome dude. Looks sick--would look even better with some silver C1s...

Where'd your dad get the paintjob?

Comment

He got it at this place up the street from his work in Oxnard.
      The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

Awesome job, Dan. I had no idea that was your first time doing a lot of that stuff; if I had known I may have offered a little more advice than, "just install it", haha whoops.

So stoked!

"If your fenders aren't rolled, your wheel fitment sucks."

Comment

This is so great, seeing that pile of parts and how clean it came out is awesome! I'm glad I got to see the bullet holes in person, I can't believe that.

91 m42 ftw

Comment

Update:

Starting to feel a bit annoyed with this car. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to keep it and love the heck out of it- but not sure if SE30 is the direction I want to go with it.

I keep finding tons of littles things wrong with it, and rather than rush through building an SE30 I may try to put a GTS car. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I feel you mang. I've been driving my car on the street for just this reason. I want to get all the bugs out before I cage it and get let down after I've paid dues and trailered it 250 miles.
              sigpic
              -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
                I feel you mang. I've been driving my car on the street for just this reason. I want to get all the bugs out before I cage it and get let down after I've paid dues and trailered it 250 miles.
                Exactly.

There's a lot of little jinky work that has been done to it, that I keep finding from the PO- and it's starting to piss me off. Definitely leaning towards a weekend/trackmouse(because mice are cleaner than rats) and holding off on SE30 until I have some real space to continually work on the E30 after races.

It's a let down, but probably the smarter decision financially.

Comment

You know what's a really smart decision financially?

Motor swap.

Comment

^ Exactly.

Comment

If you're going to do a motor swap, then replace that stupid rickety old E30 steering rack with a Z3 one while you're at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                        If you're going to do a motor swap, then replace that stupid rickety old E30 steering rack with a Z3 one while you're at it.
                        Duh. Gonna do rackdoctor.com and pwn it up.

Comment

What the hell was BMW thinking with the 4 turn LTL E30 rack... seriously.

Comment

Working...
                          X