No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Steel Bodywork Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you are almost done, great job.
    sigpic
    BIMMER für IMMER

Comment

Originally posted by 89 e30 View Post
      Looks like you are almost done, great job.
      Not quite, but thanks for the vote of confidence, lol! There is still a lot left to do, but I'm nippin' away at it, for sure...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
        The windshield, rear window trim and clips came in today. I spent about an hour stripping the old trim and clips off the rear window, re-installing the new parts and putting the new seal around the front windshield, getting both ready to be installed. FWIW, the rear trim is available again, as well as the clips to install it, contrary to what has been the status of those parts previously. Not quite sure why they go in and out of being available, but they are now. Pics...

Rear trim and install clips...

are these chrome or shadowline? if they're chrome are you gonna paint them?

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
          are these chrome or shadowline? if they're chrome are you gonna paint them?
          No, they're shadowline... there is no chrome on an M3, except for the kidneys. Look at the other picture of the rear window with the new trim on it and you can see it's black in that photo...

Garey

Comment

Joined pretty much to say what amazing work has been done her. The attention to detail and patience you've showed across all aspects of the build leaves me almost speechless.

So close to finished now! Enjoy the last push, and I know she'll treat you well :)

Comment

Originally posted by yellow2000S/R
              Want to see this in person this year! Any chance it'll be done April 22nd to take it to the TriStateTuners meet?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=243220
              I would love to say yes, but I just don't don't think I can make that date. I never say never, but that's pretty close... I am shooting for the 20th of May for G'fest in Jersey and even that is going to be tight!

Originally posted by k.gen04 View Post
              Joined pretty much to say what amazing work has been done her. The attention to detail and patience you've showed across all aspects of the build leaves me almost speechless.

So close to finished now! Enjoy the last push, and I know she'll treat you well :)
              Thanks man, I'm honored you joined to post on this thread! I'm loving how it's coming together and can't wait for the first drive...

Garey

Comment

Still no word from my glass guy, so no windshields yet, but I continue to put parts on the car. No sense dragging my feet, too much left to do. I got the oil and power steering lines back on, the driveshaft in, the heatshield on and the front part of the exhaust on...

Garey

Comment

You're almost there! Keep chuggin lol

Comment

Great Oden's Beard. That's beautiful.

Comment

Oh my

Comment

Originally posted by Woofer View Post
                        You're almost there! Keep chuggin lol
                        Originally posted by everlast View Post
                        Great Oden's Beard. That's beautiful.
                        Originally posted by ANDRÜ View Post
                        Oh my
                        Thanks guys... it's getting there. It's at the fun stage now where parts go on and you can see the forward progress everytime something else is added. After having put the car together and taken it apart 1.4 million times(joking), I'm loving putting it together for the final time. That doesn't mean I may not have some small issues, once it's up and running, but for the most part, the stuff going on it now will stay on it... Thank goodness, lol!!!

Garey
                        Last edited by bmwmech1; 04-04-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Every time i come see this thread it gives me such a big boner.... LOVE THIS BUILD!!!
                          Cant wait to see it done man!
                          Your allmost there!!!
                          sigpic
                          1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
                          1987 325ic Black Vert
                          1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
                          1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

Originally posted by Luis325 View Post
                            Every time i come see this thread it gives me such a big boner.... LOVE THIS BUILD!!!
                            Cant wait to see it done man!
                            Your allmost there!!!
                            I lol'd... too funny...

Thanks man,

Garey

Comment

If I were you, I would be scared to drive this gorgeous little thing, I wouldn't even put it outside. It looks beautiful and I can't wait to see the final result! You should hire photographer to take some nice shots once it's finished.
                              sigpic

Comment

Can see the light at the end of the tunnel man... looks beautiful! I love the steelies even though I know they're not staying :)
                                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                                X