Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
    This is a helluva project! Keep it up.
    Thanks man... just getting ready to start the trunk floor sheetmetal... updates coming

Garey

Comment

So I stayed late at the shop last night and got a fair amount done on the trunk sheet metal and the fuel cell "can". I don't claim to be a fabricator, but I do enjoy a challenge, so I got into the zone and got some work done. I took the pictures before I left the shop today.

Enjoy the pics and I'll have more after I work on it again on Sunday...

Big steel box...

Only hangs below the tail panel 2"...

Got a bunch of reinforcement plates in from AKG and my subframe adjuster brackets from Chris at Dungeon...

More on Sunday night...

Garey

Comment

Looks so boss. Can't wait to see this done. And I'm definitely following this build.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

Worked on it about 6 hours last night and a few more hours today, so here is another update... I got the fuel cell "can" finished up and closed in. Got the tins around the can done and in and got the new rear cross member located and welded in. Next up is the new rear shock towers to clear the coil overs, which will be tied to both the cage and the new rear cross member, so the tin work to finish closing in the trunk will have to wait for the cross member tie in, before it can get closed in. I'm hoping to have the towers done this week. Then it's on to tie up all the loose ends with the rust, stitch welding and a few bodywork items and I can start thinking about primer, seam sealing, schutzing the underneath, etc. It's nice to actually be re-assembling stuff, not cutting up the car, Lol...

Until the next update...

Garey

Comment

Got a little more work done today, plus some more stuff came in...

the AKG subframe bushings showed up...

I got all of the front subframe reinforcements welded in and dressed...

and started on the rear control arm modifications by removing the spring perch and welding on the sway bar reinforcement...

Until the next update...

Garey

Comment

nice work thus far. I will def be following this.

Comment

Not sure if i missed it but why did you remove the spring perch? Your work is inspiring. Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by lostininglewood View Post
                  nice work thus far. I will def be following this.
                  Thanks, the fabrication takes a lot of time, so once the majority of it is done, I'm hoping the build will move along faster...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by Gobig_us View Post
                    Not sure if i missed it but why did you remove the spring perch? Your work is inspiring. Nice job!
                    True coil over setup in the rear, where the spring is on the shock. The perches are then not needed and take up a fair amount of space in the wheel well, especially the upper perch. Plus they are known rust spots, so out they came...

Garey

Comment

Wow! Awesome work. Love the car.
                      Seeing the steel rear quarters gave my chubby a chubby.
                      Sub'd
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
                      first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Didn't do much today, but every little bit is progress, Lol! machined the front subframe spacers and stripped some more of the shell for welding. No pics of the striptease, but here's the subframe spacers...

And on the car...

Until next time...

Garey

Comment

Looks good, just posting to subscribe.
                          1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

this is beast. subbed.
                            whats the purpose spacing the subframe? lower cg?
                            Live Fast. Drive Faster.

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... :)
                            You wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences :(

Comment

Garey, you are doing excellent work.
                              Pretty inspiring for those of us with our own build. And such a quick progess as well!

Are you a mechanic/tech or bodyman by profession?

Originally posted by xLegendOZWest View Post
                              whats the purpose spacing the subframe? lower cg?
                              Engine to hood clearance. When swapping in a BMW V8 this is the most common way to remedy this.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                                Garey, you are doing excellent work.
                                Pretty inspiring for those of us with our own build. And such a quick progess as well!

Are you a mechanic/tech or bodyman by profession?

Engine to hood clearance. When swapping in a BMW V8 this is the most common way to remedy this.
                                Thanks, it feels like the progress is a lot slower to me, but I'm glad you think it's quick, Lol! I own a BMW Indy shop here in Hummelstown, so yes, I'm a wrencher by trade. Plus I can't leave anything alone, Lol!
                                The spacers are for hood clearance, but also to get the engine down in the front and lessen the angle relative to the diff and driveshaft.

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X