• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jink0619 View Post
    Amazing job man, u got some serious skills
    Thanks man!

Garey

Comment

cant wait to see this thing done!! been following from the begining!!!
      Hope to see it at Gfest!
      sigpic
      1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
      1987 325ic Black Vert
      1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
      1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

It may not be a true ///M car, however you've hand built it and made it look just as good and better in most places than a true ///M car.

That car of yours deserves the ///M badge.

Oh and btw, if you wife decides to leave you I'll gladly ride bitch in that car.

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Luis325 View Post
          Hope to see it at Gfest!
          Me too! If it's running this week, I think it will be at G'fest... it won't be 100% done, but it'll be there...

That's if it is running this week... fingers crossed, right?

Thanks Luis!

Originally posted by Dussen View Post
          It may not be a true ///M car, however you've hand built it and made it look just as good and better in most places than a true ///M car.

That car of yours deserves the ///M badge.

Oh and btw, if you wife decides to leave you I'll gladly ride bitch in that car.

;)
          I appreciate that sentiment, but I'm no poseur... Although it has all of the right parts in the right places, excluding the motor, it still only has the VIN of an 87 e... No M badging... actually, maybe no badging at all...

As far as the wife goes, she's Austrian, so naturally, BMW's are in her DNA, so to speak. A guy with a couple of them, who owns a BMW Indy repair shop is like the best thing ever, so I don't think she's going anywhere, lol! As far as riding bitch goes though, you may have to ask my daughter whether that will fly with her... I'm sure she'll be riding shotgun more often than anyone... with an ear to ear grin, just like her father... :D

Garey
          Last edited by bmwmech1; 05-05-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Just ran through this start to finish between last night and today. It has been said many times before and will be said many times in the future: "Incredible." It is inspirational and really gives people an idea of how much work goes into a project done right.

Best of luck beating the Guten countdown. Can't wait to see/hear the old girl in some video.

Comment

Originally posted by hamilton325i View Post
              Just ran through this start to finish between last night and today. It has been said many times before and will be said many times in the future: "Incredible." It is inspirational and really gives people an idea of how much work goes into a project done right.

Best of luck beating the Guten countdown. Can't wait to see/hear the old girl in some video.
              Thanks for taking the time to read through it, I appreciate the kudos... If I'm able to drive it this week, I think I'll make it to G'fest. I got the fuel system wrapped up today, just a couple of things to finish and I'll be able to turn the key and fire it off... I have to admit that I'm a little nervous... what happens if nothing happens, lol? I'm pretty confident that all will end well, but after all, I'm dealing with 25 year old wiring, so who really knows, right? :D:D:D

Garey

Comment

I'm getting overly excited!
                Id drive the 5 hour drive to see this thing any day.
                E30 buildy things
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
                  Thanks for taking the time to read through it, I appreciate the kudos... If I'm able to drive it this week, I think I'll make it to G'fest. I got the fuel system wrapped up today, just a couple of things to finish and I'll be able to turn the key and fire it off... I have to admit that I'm a little nervous... what happens if nothing happens, lol? I'm pretty confident that all will end well, but after all, I'm dealing with 25 year old wiring, so who really knows, right? :D:D:D

Garey

Of course you are! I would be nervous too. 2 years of blood, sweat and tears come down to the integrity of a wiring harness old enough to rent a car.

That being said... she'll fire. No way the car gods would dare intervene on something so divine ;)

Looking forward to your next update over here in C-bus.

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
                    I'm getting overly excited!
                    Id drive the 5 hour drive to see this thing any day.
                    Whew... that's a haul, just to see a car. I admire your dedication to all things E30...

Of course you are! I would be nervous too. 2 years of blood, sweat and tears come down to the integrity of a wiring harness old enough to rent a car.

That being said... she'll fire. No way the car gods would dare intervene on something so divine ;)

Looking forward to your next update over here in C-bus.
                    Haha... you may be more confident than I am! On a side note, I grew up in Bexley, if you didn't catch that in this thread. Small world...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
                      Whew... that's a haul, just to see a car. I admire your dedication to all things E30...

Haha... you may be more confident than I am! On a side note, I grew up in Bexley, if you didn't catch that in this thread. Small world...

Garey
                      Time will tell, no sense bunchin panties until the time comes. Thats my motto haha

Yeah I noticed that you mentioned it. I know Bexley. I grew up in Cinci and moved up here a couple years ago. Great town. I'm technically in the "City of Columbus" limits but out in the burbs. Very small world indeed :)

Comment

Time will tell, no sense bunchin panties until the time comes. Thats my motto haha

Yeah I noticed that you mentioned it. I know Bexley. I grew up in Cinci and moved up here a couple years ago. Great town. I'm technically in the "City of Columbus" limits but out in the burbs. Very small world indeed :)
                        Columbus is great, my parents still live there, in the house I grew up in. I haven't lived there for 20 years now, but I still visit often. It's changed a lot since I was there, but it still has the same good vibe. I'd live there again, if the opportunity arose, but my business and life is here now, so that's unlikely...

Garey

Comment

The side shot you took looks like the car is going 120 mph. It looks great Garey. Can't wait for the video of it doing full on pedal to the metal passes. Great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gobig_us View Post
                            The side shot you took looks like the car is going 120 mph. It looks great Garey. Can't wait for the video of it doing full on pedal to the metal passes. Great job!!
                            Thanks man! I took another big step towards startup today... I powered up the body harness to check my work to this point. I was glad it was uneventful, lol! No sparks, smoke or flames, no popped fuses, just relays clicking when they're supposed to and stuff working... I was stoked! Pics...

Fuel tank and whatnot...

Cluster... I tried to get a shot of it lit up, but the flash overexposed it:( The backlighting is red...

Tail lights, license plate lights, whoo hoo!

City lights, too...

The rest of the gauges and sending units will be in tomorrow, so I am running out of excuses as to why it's not running, lol! Official fire up should be before the end of the week...:D:D:D

Garey

Comment

Those gauges look very classy. I kinda prefer the look over a stock e30.
                              E30 buildy things
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Garey,

Your car is a sexy beast. You've done a great job, dude. I wish I could find people that could do your quality of work out here!

Love,
                                Ian

Comment

Working...
                                X