My budget E30 DD build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My budget E30 DD build

Hey everyone. thought I would post a project thread to look at my progress and get some advice from the R3v community along the way.
    Here is when I 1st had it brought down from Eugene to my friends shop in Talent

the trunk was slightly wet and there was 2 containers of antifreeze in the trunk. Valance is slightly bent and a fog light was cracked among many wiring problems. now to the good news, the PO had the engine rebuilt right before he sold it to me and filled it up with synthetic, the seats are in good shape as well the dash has no cracks in it what so ever. I ended up paying $700 for it. It would crank and crank but never catch so I pulled a plug and there was no spark so i took the boot off the coil and one terminal was lose so i tightened it up and then the car fired up right away although it is in dire need of a valve adjustment.

So now I take it home and begin the tear down of the front end.

my cat decided to help me out

The grills on the front were pretty faded looking so I went to Walmart and grabbed some spray paint for 98 cents a can and gave it a good coat.

After searching for new wheels as the ones on it are a bottle cap and three of these. on is bent
    Looked for wheels on craigslist and found these.

they are sport max but they were cheap and i think they look fairly nice (found them on a wrecked 325is in a tow yard). also pulled some new suspension off that car. bav auto springs and Bilstein sports all around for 80 bucks was a price I could not resist.
    I cleaned up the headlights and frenched them for that euro look
    the wiring done by the PO has been a pain but I have just about everything worked out.

This M20B25 needs some love (the big black cable is an extra ground cable attached by some screws that hold the intake manifold/valve cover support put in by the PO. it's gotta go)
    A week ago I went to the junkyard and snaged this for the high price of $10 :p
    I don't have much time or funds to work on my E30 as i'm 18 and in high school but I can't wait for the finished result even though its an auto-tragic.
    Heres a shot of my current DD 85' 735i that I picked up for 500 and put about 150 bucks into. Thanks for reading and please post up your thoughts :)

Do work son, do work.

Comment

Update: did this: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=200912 and swapped out the fuses for good measure. happy to report I have working gauges now. I also painted the Valve cover.

Comment

Working...
      X