Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Gutting the interior

I want to take as much weight out of the car as possible so i knew i would be gutting this car eventually. at least take my weight out of the car.

My sunroof also leaks onto my pas side carpet and sometimes onto my driver side carpet so it smelled. It had to go. Im also 6 foot 2 and cant fit anyone in the back of my car. Its not meant to be a carpooler co its now permanently a 2 seater. Every time i try and upload a pic its telling me upload failed. Fuck you interwebs!!

Here are my weight reductions so far
    Trunk Sound Deadening = 50lbs
    Spare Tire = 25lbs
    Rear Seat, carpet, and trunk carpet = 40lbs
    Front Carpet = 25lbs
    In car sound deadening = 10lbs

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    e46 control arms and bottlecaps do not work well together. waiting for a front sway bar from a vert and ill update this sorry build

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    What up matt. Right now there isnt enough money for motor work. Im being patient and am still working on suspension. Next update will be interesting. Im in the process of converting to e46 CA'S and coilovers. Ive been taking pics of everything just been to lazy to post and write descriptions.haha

Leave a comment:

• MattAvino
    replied
    Checkin in on the progress.
    I forget, were you interested in my motor?

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Drifting and Building again

So this has been a lot longer of a break than wanted bu I have began modifying and driving again so shit will be coming very soon.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
    alright thanks man
    i hope that can help. actually now that im thinking about it I had to pop off the trim from by the side mirror. then it slid forward off the track pulling it from the front I think.

as you can see i dont really remember...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tasty
    replied
    Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
    ummm theres clips by the back window. one on each side. slide that piece onto the back trim and pry it off. I THINK i used a flathead to slide it on the track and then u kinda fold it up and slide it out. Theres a seperation when u take off the clip so u should be able to figure it out from there. But its possible if u slide the clip by the back window back and go from there.
    alright thanks man

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
    how do you take off the top parts of the trim, when you shadow lined? I wasn't too sure how they were attached.
    ummm theres clips by the back window. one on each side. slide that piece onto the back trim and pry it off. I THINK i used a flathead to slide it on the track and then u kinda fold it up and slide it out. Theres a seperation when u take off the clip so u should be able to figure it out from there. But its possible if u slide the clip by the back window back and go from there.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tasty
    replied
    how do you take off the top parts of the trim, when you shadow lined? I wasn't too sure how they were attached.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    NYC life

What up r3v!

Im living in the nyc area and have a few leads on employment which is great.

I also started my first class at lincoln technical institute today. Should be fun and very informational for me. Theres a lot I want to do but just can not do the right way without the proper knowledge and training.

The E30 will be extra healthy after i graduate. :nice:

sry but no actual car updates YET

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by dantheman View Post
    Nice thread man! Seems like I'm going the same direction as you. I love what the shadowline did for your car btw, totally transformed it. I'm definitely going to look into doing it once the weather gets better.
    go for it. i did mine in the garage so u could do it now
    And thank you for the kind words. the shadow line did A LOT! n. otherwise its so tedious u might keep procrastinating it like i did. next time i have the time ill be respraying the plastic bumper trim and the black trim on the side of the car waay at the bottom.

so a little update...one thing has led to another and ive had to take the e30 off the road. Surgery and then unemployment has made other things more important.lol ill be working on the car again soon but living in NYC. Kinda sucks that i cant drive it, but it doesnt really need the winter miles. And once im back into work i can save up keeping it off the road. next update will be major. SLR angle kit and coilovers is all I have planned for now. cant wait till spring
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 02-01-2012, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dantheman
    replied
    Nice thread man! Seems like I'm going the same direction as you. I love what the shadowline did for your car btw, totally transformed it. I'm definitely going to look into doing it once the weather gets better.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick View Post
    oh nice how is it in cali right now? and when do you get back?
    oakland is the shit and im back now. weather was 50's.

as soon as my car warmed up i was driftin backroads.lol
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 01-23-2012, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dnick
    replied
    oh nice how is it in cali right now? and when do you get back?

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    have been in cali for 2.5 weeks now and as much as I enjoy the weather and food out here, I can not wait to get back to MD and drive a real car

Leave a comment:

Working...
X