Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
    omg reead.lol
    its just that ive said it like 4 times. Its an Ireland Engineering front bar. Ordered from IE.com. they have em on ebay for much cheaper. i saw em today and was pretty pissed considering the one from the sight didnt fit great.lol kinda the only reason i paid more for it

Videos are tricky. I do have a tripod, camera and final cut but its hard to film a moving car with a tripod and me in the car. Plus my skills are not at camera level. Maybe if I get a friend to come with me ill be able to toss up some kinda vid. im in no rush tho. im still rockin sport springs. theyre killin me!
    Opps, must have skimmed over that part. My bad. What kind of rear bar is that?

Jk. Lol

Comment

yooo i think i saw you at summit!

Comment

Summit Point is heaven on WV

Originally posted by dnick View Post
        yooo i think i saw you at summit!
        Probably. Did u see me or my car? U shoulda said whats up bruh!
        I had a great time. First time seein a track and that many cars drifting. And Von Gittin got out to put gas in the car so we were talkin. Super chill dude

I filmed some stuff so ill put somethin on youtube tmrw/tuesday. Its most likely gonna be simple raw footage. sounds of exhasut/blow offs/tires and motor are stuck in my head.lol
        m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
        build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

lol i caught eye of your car while i was talkin to jr too hahah, and yeah hes cool as shit, i got a ride in it!!!!!! check out the media section..
          yeah man all the sounds are still stuck in my head..next year im gonna register to drive it

Comment

FYI: that "silly ground" that "someone" welded on was factory. That "someone" was BMW.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
            i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

kts? weve probably meet but im not sure who u are on the forum.haha
              anyway, thanks for stoppin by

kts, I was able to install the rear strut bar first, then the front bar while i put in the coolant gauge sensor. The front bar was a bit tough but i just had to lean on it and it popped in. My problem is that the bar touches the motor. I just did motor and tranny mounts so i know thats where it should be. anyone else have this problem on their IE bar??
              I was at one of the recent CP meets but we didn't actually get to meet. Next time I make it to one of the meets I'll say hi.

Sounds like you got the strut bar figured out and "adjusted" it a bit. I think it was smart to do that, the bar and engine rubbing would have eventually driven you nuts. Eventually something would have worn through too, although that would have taken a very long time.

Ive been really trying to decide on coilover conversion kit($430) or full GC coilovers($1500).
              Save up and buy the full coilover setup. If you do the conversion kit down the road you'll want to upgrade to the full setup. So it's cheaper to do it right once, especially if this is going to be a full on track/drift car.

Comment

idk kts, i mean the conversion is alright. i know plenty of guys who bought the conversion kit and they drift lol. I guess if youve got the money, sure get the full thing, but if your on a budget, i dont see anything wrong in getting the kit.

Comment

It honestly makes no difference which route you choose, buying a complete set of GC coilovers or piecing together the exact same coilover works out to about the same price. Only way to really save money is to buy used parts but suspension components are one of those things that I prefer to buy new unless its a hell of a deal.

PS, einstein57 is selling a coilover kit for a great deal if you wanna piece a setup together. Theyre custom adjusters with hypercoil springs. Pm him to see if he has any leftover sets from the group buy.

Comment

Or if youre dead set on GCs. They will prolly sell fast tho.

Comment

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                      Or if youre dead set on GCs. They will prolly sell fast tho.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=230107
                      ooohh. thanks for lookin out guys. those rates are a little to soft for me tho
                      Im just gonna save up and get the conversions in a month, brand new. Im just learning and who knows what can happen to me or the car. All I need is stiffer springs all the time. Not so much adjustability. I probably wont even know what im really doing adjusting shit.

I rode in an E30 with Bilstein HD's and GC coilover conversion springs right when I got my car and that car was on rails. From ppl ive been talking to on other forums also the stiff spring rates go well with HD shocks. plus the shocks are only like 5 months old.

*note: as of tonight the E30 has started its diet.

Comment

500f/700r is too soft for you? What rates are you planning on running? On a 500/700 setup, they already recommend revalving your shocks and struts so any stiffer will effect the proper dampening of your ride.

Comment

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                          500f/700r is too soft for you? What rates are you planning on running? On a 500/700 setup, they already recommend revalving your shocks and struts so any stiffer will effect the proper dampening of your ride.
                          well i should rephrase that. I think theyre too soft. ive never ACTUALLY rode in a car with stiff rates.

I should give Jeff a call! I need a spring rate to base how stiff i need my set up. all the E30's ive been in i think are just standard HR or some shit

500/700 coould work. I just reeally dont want the back to lean and rock so much.
                          I think i heard somewhere that the old track E30's were like 550/700..either way i dont have any E30's to sit passenger and drift.
                          And the one E30 i did drift with tein coilovers felt GREAT but the owner didnt even know what the rates were. it was an eta so i could feel less powa but it slid great

Comment

Stock 325i-----------------------106------------------------245
                            Stock 325is----------------------118------------------------265
                            Stock 325ix----------------------106------------------------308
                            Stock M3-------------------------114------------------------314
                            Stock M3--------------------------140------------------------250
                            Dinan Sport-----------------------172------------------------300
                            H&R OE Sport---------------------180------------------------380
                            H&R Sport-------------------------180------------------------380
                            H&R Sport (29664)---------------200------------------------285
                            H&R Race-------------------------315------------------------ 570
                            H&R Coilovers***----------------340------------------------380
                            Eibach Pro-Kit--------------------102-------------------------277
                            Eibach Race----------------------160-------------------------445
                            IE SIII----------------------------315-------------------------570
                            Koni Coilovers-------------------342-------------------------407
                            Cosmo Coilovers----------------450-------------------------560
                            Tokico----------------------------165-------------------------265
                            TMS J-Stock**-------------------680------------------------1026
                            Alpina(est.)---------------------~200-----------------------~350
                            FK 60/60 cup kit-----------------379--------------------------379
                            Vogtland Standard***--------115/197-----------------------360
                            Vogtland CS***---------------137/200-----------------------400
                            Vogtland--------------------------225--------------------------360

I think youll be quite happy with the 500/700 rates if you plan on drifting your car. Considering your sport spring rates are only 180/380. 500/700 is exponentially stiffer. Also, your current springs are progressive so theyre initially smooth and firm after. Linear springs will feel stiff right of the bat and will take away the body roll feel.

Comment

Clutch Stop & Eyelids Paint

thanks for posting the complete list. ive seen it before but it doesnt really help me in terms of "feel". im still kinda lost.lol

and i dont know if it matters to much but i have HD shocks. i like the way they feel over sport springs. either way, I do realize the ideal set up would be valved shocks for my spring rates. but im not at that level yet and 500/700 coilover conversion might do well.
                              I also like the progrssive spring explanation. thanks

*UPDATE:
                              small but it goes with the big list of shiznit I ordered a page or so back..
                              got my UUC clutch stop in! its the "big boy" V3.0
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0311.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	7137126

Name:	IMAG0312.jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	7137127

Its funy cause I was sooooo close to canceling the order when I found they had em on ebay for like $5. But i said hey maybe ill get what I pay for. Sure enough they sent a hockey puck.lol it should hold up great to my clutch kicks and pep up my shifts. im looking forward to driving to work tmrw

Also got the can of color match paint. This is going to be for the big ass ding that came on the passenger side of the car. if i ever figure out how to pop it out.
                              But most important, it will paint the eyelids!!

Name:	IMAG0310.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	7137128

this car below has inspired me to not only paint em bronzit like I thought I should, but also to not be so afraid of being a little different. follow MY gut. cause honestly I think the black eyelids looks f'ing wack. except on black & white cars. And once i actually learned what euro grills were, I thought how stupid. It just goes straight across the top. THATS THE DIFFERENCE:dot: I mean yea everyone does it but I think its stupid. like I said, i didnt know the difference for a while. eyelids cover that up anyway so now ill just say i have euro grills.

now enjoy this here eye candy:

Name:	green eyelids.jpeg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	7137129

so yea. im paintin it to match. i aallllready know ppl arent going to agree but whatev. ppl on here try to clown bronzit . I love the bronzit because when I go to a meet i dont see a bunch of cars the same color as mine. usually none! its boring blending in with all the rest. Someone at BMW saw that color and said, Yes it has to come in this color also. I thank them.lol

cause on some real, white325is just posted pics of his white vert E30 with bright ass wheels. one color in front and another in the back, can u believe it! But i didnt see one person bitch about it being "rice" or say where is this generation going or nothing about it being JDM or leave it for the hondas. why, cause the car is slammed and has a lip. Im not hatin on white325is AT ALL. i like his ride a lot. just sold him my cross brace for his very well made rear strut bar. it just makes me laugh at R3v inconsistency/bipolarism

Comment

100 dod

Im going to upload the footage from my crappy camera to my laptop tmrw and throw some kinda edit together but heres an iphone clip from a corner.

I love these noises

Comment

Working...
                                X