No announcement yet.

Andrew's 1989 325i Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure washed the engine bay today, cleaned up great! I think I took a little bit of paint off in one part.. oopsies. Dropped the head off too $58 with tax for resurface and cleaning, and they are going to clean up all the studs for me too!

Get on my level?

Comment

Headbolts arrived, and picked my head up today. I have everything to get this done.. except for damn co-operative weather

Comment

Oil pan gasket done, and the block is clean

I made sure the inside of that engine and the pan were spick and span

Comment

Oh my god that pilot bearing is a bitch. I shoved it with paper, (dry though), then some bread, then I gave up and wailed on it with a fat philips screwdriver. I broke the inner race, and the bearing all fell out... then I put the auto zone puller on the out race.

I need $30 more to rent the slidehammer and then I am done with that damn thing. Most annoying thing ever... we spent all day yesterday on it until we broke it and made a little progress

On the bright side I deleted my power steering! lol

Comment

Pack a Bunch of wet paper in, hammer it all in the center of the bearing til it pushes it out... Worked for me. Took a bit tho
            1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
            1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
            1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
            1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Updates??
              sigpic
              Justin Angelli
              1985 325e Gazellenbiege

Comment

chill....

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Yes actually

Got eveyrthing in and the starter is pushing on the dust cover spacer thing. Thus it grinds on the flywheel

I can now pull a starter in 15 minutes though.. ha that includes putting new one in

So gotta pull the starter one last time and then see where the plate is scraping and fix it.

Everything else is good to go!

Comment

Well I made the starter issue better, placed a washer on each bolt to space it out, it cranks fine now but still grinds a little bit.

Car has fuel, but not spark. So time to figure this out today. I am going to try a known good coil and go from there

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                      Well I made the starter issue better, placed a washer on each bolt to space it out, it cranks fine now but still grinds a little bit.

Car has fuel, but not spark. So time to figure this out today. I am going to try a known good coil and go from there

If you can get it started i'll give ya 300 clams for it !!!
                      sigpic
                      Justin Angelli
                      1985 325e Gazellenbiege

Comment

$325
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Dropping the trans this week

I put the flywheel in wrong and never listened to anybody here like a stupid ass teenager

Comment

So trans is toast. Dropped that sucker out alone in a little over 2 hours

Engine still runs good though

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                              So trans is toast. Dropped that sucker out alone in a little over 2 hours

Engine still runs good though
                              5 speed swap time. ditch the autotragic

The Build:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

^You must be new. His parents won't let him have a manual.

Comment

Working...
                                X