No announcement yet.

Andrew's 1989 325i Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill be there. Lol car looks like shit though!

Might be able to get a lip on it in time for the picnic

Comment

I have a I lip I can sell you for an arm and a leg. ;)

Not an is lip. The flat one.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Okay. Skipped school today (the last day) to clean the car up

Reupholstered the rear speaker deck with Mom - came out alright.

Pulled seats (back was already out) and shampoo'd all of my carpet. Looks 98% brand new now

Messed with my fuel gauge, seems if I push harder on the plug on the side of the tank opposite of the fuel pump the gauge doesnt jump around

Cleaned all of my seats

Installed new thermostat to water pump hose, no more clearance issues between the fan and the hose

Washed my car for first time in like 4 months.. in the rain (worked in the rain all day today). Actually washed it two times

All ready for picnic tomorrow

Comment

Nothing new to update, buying some gorund control very soon (next month or so) then an ebay chip.

Car got a new TPS not too long ago but idle is still wacky.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            Nothing new to update, buying some gorund control very soon (next month or so) then an ebay chip.

Car got a new TPS not too long ago but idle is still wacky.
            Noice! Why not save up for a MarkD?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              Noice! Why not save up for a MarkD?
              Support the good people, not the thieves on ebay.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Im not even sure if I want a chip yet.

But yeah coilover conversion kit will be installed by end of summer

Comment

Wait how about fixing idle first?
                  Continuous For Sale Thread
                  323i s50

Comment

Im working on it. Im thinking I need a new o2 sensor.. because everything else on the intake is fresh.

Comment

Are you building a track car?
                      My Feedback

Comment

Not at all.

Yeah everything on my intake is new, so I am fairly sure I dont have a massive vacleak (Im sure there is a small one)

o2 sensor sat in my exhaust outside for a few months, it likely is bad, but Ill grab a mustang one and go for it soon. I need to try and drive the car with it unplugged (Ill reset the DME first)

My coolant temp sensor checks out fine, I dont think that is the problem. TPS is brand new and installed properly (I actually think my throttle body has some slop and the old one just went out of adjustment, lol. new one I had to make the slots a tad longer so it would fit right.)
                        Last edited by 5Toes; 07-15-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

You know you might get a better ride out of some h&r race/sport and bilsteins over coilovers. If you dont know your rates then it could get a little confusing for you and your shocks most likely wont get revalved to match your new spring rates. h&r race/bilsteins are a great combo, just ask any of the spec guys.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

I tried to get him interest in the bilstein BTS-7511 kit, he wants coil overs and won't take any advise despite how much as he asks for it. Shrug, one day in a few years after this car runs its course he will look back on it and shake his head.

Most of us did the same thing. Andrew is just a lot more annoying because of the internet and the way he comes across.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

For the money, the H&R and Bilstein cup kits seem great. Plug and play and godly ride quality. I have ridden in James Criv's car that I believe is sitting on the Bilstein kit.

However, I really like the idea of adjustable ride height though. Maybe it wont be the best ride quality, but atleast I can drive to a car meet slammed over the weekend and drive to school monday morning at a tolerable height.

Ground controls have a very good resale value as well, so its not a huge loss if I decide this is too crazy for me (I dont think it will be however)

Edit: The H&R kit is far cheaper and likely the same thing. Rumor has it H&R makes the spring for the BTS kit.. according to some other forums
                              Last edited by 5Toes; 07-15-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

h&r's are nice.
                                don't buy eibachs, i regret it ;) :up:

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                                X