No announcement yet.

Finally Got an IX.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found a CPS with +535 ohm in the yard yesterday. plugged it in and now the car is getting fuel and spark, however it will not stay running. it wants to fire but just bogs. I had it running for a minute or so feathering the gas with my foot.

looks like I will drain the tank and put some good fuel in first. then check my fuel pressure at the rail and verify that the timing marks are where they should be.

any other suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks!

Comment

No Vacuum Leaks? I had the same problem upon intial start up, make sure all the Vacuum lines are hooked up. Espiceilly the ones near the throttle body.
      1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
      1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
      1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
      1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

none that I can tell! I will double check and then triple check. I've very meticulous when it comes dissembling/reassembling everything, but that doesn't leave out room for a mistake.

Comment

So the fuel pump is only working intermittently. Jumper the relay and sometimes it kicks on, sometimes it doesn't. If it's not, then some persuasion with a rubber mallet seems to do the trick. It will definately need replaced.

But on a more serious note, my car is still failing the jack test. I dont' know what to do at this point. Any IXers know of a definitive test that will verify where my problem lies???

Thanks guys.

Comment

Hows the ix holding up? Any leaks? Which RTV did you use? If it fails the jack test its your VC or driveshaft splines. Man I hope mine works when I put it back together.

Comment

So this car doesn't leak a single drop of oil after the pan was resealed. I used some clear multi-purpose industrial heavy duty stuff that I already had laying around the garage. I ended up having a faulty fuel pump, so once I replaced it with a known working unit it was starting and running great.

I've put probably 5k on the refreshed engine and manual swap, including driving a road trip 1000k each way to and from New England for the summer and it did great! Lots of RPMs on the freeway with the 4.10/5-speed combo. Transfer case is still shot, but it does quite nicely aside from that. Just recently developed a wandering idle on cold start ups, I'm looking to replace the coolant temperature sensor and will probably swap another AFM to see if that clears things up a bit.

I'll post up a few more pics soon! Still looking for a transfer case with a known working viscous coupling. I believe some have said its a "crap shoot" and that's for sure, I've already got 2 bum transfer cases. Hoping to hit a lucky 7 with that before winter time comes...I can't afford any new parts for either of mine!
              Last edited by BonnschE30; 10-23-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X