3SGE BEAMS converted 89 E30///Stock as a rock 88 E30 325i Touring///

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This arrived today

Lots more small jobs to do, life has changed alot for me atm though. Trying to finish 3 cars and sell 1 is taking its toll....

Comment

Got alot done today.

I then fitted the EVO M3 alcantra wheel, refitted and plugged firewall grommets, fitted trims correctly where they weren't etc.

Replaced the drivers door lock barrel and got central locking back. Repaired both the door trims as the covering was coming off on the edges. Also replaced the window winders with new items.

The only place to fit a washer bottle. Which is a combination of a Corolla overflow bottle with BMW pump, wiring routed from other side of car and extended and the hoses under the bonnet ran the opposite direction as well. Fits nicely next to the expansion tank. I lost the nice cap i had for this and instead had to cut the tubes off the top of the cap and plastic weld it flat with the soldering iron. Came up ok i guess......

[IMG]http: //i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr88/kameleon_jdmmr2/857030_10151261808495755_1340018506_o_zps498e79d8. jpg[/IMG]

Have always had poor/no radio reception so checked out the aerial to find that someone has tried to repair themselves and broken the coax internally of the socket (feck....) and the body itself haha. A colleague said he may have one at home from the early days in his toolbox so fingers crossed. If not i will find a non genuine replacement. Will have to repair the coax however.

Also replaced the broken rear seat belt buckles and have started a revision of my front Roll center adjuster/bump steer correction kit. Will be sent off for pricing soon.

About to order all the rear bushes, raised rear subframe, Z3 M diff cover etc.

Custom sway bars etc to follow the engineers/rwc/rego.
      Last edited by kameleon; 09-06-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Picked up the Torsen 4:10 Z3 LSD diff on saturday, and have been driving the car around in the heat wave we have been having down here in Melbourne (8 days over 32 degrees so far, mostly hovering around 36 degrees celcius. which is about 97 degrees farenheit for you guys in America)

The AC works very well indeed and the Alcantra wheel does not get sticky or anything in the sun too which is good.

So just been driving and beating on it to see what would/will break and so far nothing has. The stock open diff didn't like the burnouts though and is now whining pretty bad :)

Also got a picture out the front of the new BMW dealer down here in Waverley.

Shame i am still awaiting parts from America and the sway bars, i would love to get this thing rego'd and get the car on the track!

Oh and i am getting a great response from driving the car around from the public. A guy in a R35 GTR was driving beside us and giving the thumbs up and the guy i bought the driveline off was shocked it went into a E30 and the conversion looked so stock. Nice to have comments like that.

Comment

looks like a nice office, makes me miss my daily E30!

Good Luck getting it fully rego'd will make a great streeter
          - Chris
          Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Thanks mate, certainly makes a huge difference that steering wheel alone.

I have some Bride full kevlar reclining Stradias to go in after rego too. Hopefully it gels well with the rest of the interior.

Comment

This arrived today, still yet to find some medium case diff side shafts unfortunately.

Comment

I love your car, I went looking for a 3sg but it's such a hard motor to hunt down in Sydney :/

Comment

Cheers.

Japan is the go mate.

Comment

The small case / medium case diffs use the same length shafts, 325i shafts are reportedly slightly larger (in diameter) than 318i shafts, but side by side I couldn't tell the dfiference.
                    - Chris

Comment

I mean the stub axles that slide into the splines in the diff they are smaller 6 bolt diff to 8 bolt diff. Didn't explain that well....

Comment

yeah rightio, they are medium case specific :p Gotta be E30 also, E28 ones are different
                        - Chris

Comment

Yeah don't suppose you have some? wreckers down here suck a fat one price wise and at the pick a part type places if there is a medium case diff (even in non LSD 2.79 or something crappy like that ratio) they rip them out like vultures.

Comment

nah same situation as you, few diffs, no rear covers or splines, I only have one E30 so not a HUGE drama for me
                            - Chris

Comment

Oh well back to the drawing board

Comment

Still waiting on Revshift to deliver my parts. After over 1 month this is a joke!

Not one response to emails and was never given a tracking number whatsoever.

Time to get a refund i think and go with someone reliable like AKG or Condor speed.

I would love to have this rear end done, but as usual waiting for someone else to deliver.....

Comment

Working...
                                X