Nicks m50 swap and restoration project

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by kts
    off the top of my head:

    - finish removing the midpipe from the exhaust manifolds (stripped/cut bolts of doom)
    - remove manifolds
    - drop DS
    - install UUC short shifter kit
    - install new guibo
    - reinstall DS
    - install headers
    - install track pipe
    - get and weld in cats into track pipe
    - install muffler
    - get emissions done

    then there are all of the suspension pieces and so forth down the line. basically replacing just about every suspension piece or bushing with new material. i also have an LSD i need to install. but this stuff can wait for a bit i think.
    Hell yeah!
    what suspension are you doing?

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by N2MYE30
    I have a MAF, is this the one you need? PM if you need it.
    YES! mine decided to take a shit, doesnt work!

    but yes thats the one.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    I have a MAF, is this the one you need? PM if you need it.

    Leave a comment:


  • kts
    replied
    off the top of my head:

    - finish removing the midpipe from the exhaust manifolds (stripped/cut bolts of doom)
    - remove manifolds
    - drop DS
    - install UUC short shifter kit
    - install new guibo
    - reinstall DS
    - install headers
    - install track pipe
    - get and weld in cats into track pipe
    - install muffler
    - get emissions done

    then there are all of the suspension pieces and so forth down the line. basically replacing just about every suspension piece or bushing with new material. i also have an LSD i need to install. but this stuff can wait for a bit i think.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by kts
    E30 is pretty much good to go for now. Now I need to get back to work on the E36 which for some reason I always keep putting off. Doh!
    thats great! haha what do you have to do with the e36 now?

    Leave a comment:


  • kts
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick
    yeah oh well lol, and oh sweet thanks! hows your car coming along?
    E30 is pretty much good to go for now. Now I need to get back to work on the E36 which for some reason I always keep putting off. Doh!

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by Atlant
    Nice build!
    thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by kts
    Sucks.

    I'm hopefully going to hit up Erdman Ave and Hawkins Point before work tomorrow, I'll keep an eye out for MAFs for you if I get there.
    yeah oh well lol, and oh sweet thanks! hows your car coming along?

    Leave a comment:


  • kts
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick
    Yeah i was at the mt airy one yesterday, and almost all of the mafs were taken!!
    Ill have to hit up jessup today of tomorrow.
    Sucks.

    I'm hopefully going to hit up Erdman Ave and Hawkins Point before work tomorrow, I'll keep an eye out for MAFs for you if I get there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atlant
    replied
    Nice build!

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by kts
    Go hit up Crazy Ray's?

    There were a number of pretty intact E36s at Jessup when I was there last week that most likely had the MAFs there for the taking.
    Yeah i was at the mt airy one yesterday, and almost all of the mafs were taken!!
    Ill have to hit up jessup today of tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • kts
    replied
    Go hit up Crazy Ray's?

    There were a number of pretty intact E36s at Jessup when I was there last week that most likely had the MAFs there for the taking.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by trackjunkie21
    Nevermind then, lol
    hahah thanks anyway.

    Leave a comment:


  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick
    Ah sorry, vanos :/

    I forgot to mention that!
    Nevermind then, lol

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by trackjunkie21
    you need a NV MAF right? I have an extra one, let me find it.
    Ah sorry, vanos :/

    I forgot to mention that!

    Leave a comment:

Working...