Nicks m50 swap and restoration project

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VinniE30
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick
    no...... ive been basically broke. I pay for all my stuff and im extremely grateful that my dad helped me with my exhaust tubing. Luckily bmw up the street accepted my application and Im set up for an interview later this week hopefully.
    Wow good luck that would be an awesome job!

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan
    So... is this thing registered yet?
    no...... ive been basically broke. I pay for all my stuff and im extremely grateful that my dad helped me with my exhaust tubing. Luckily bmw up the street accepted my application and Im set up for an interview later this week hopefully.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by firefirefire90
    how are you keeping your radiator on? I don't see your top radiator mount.
    lol its just sitting on the bottom mounts.. i still have to find a top mount

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    So... is this thing registered yet?

    Leave a comment:


  • firefirefire90
    replied
    how are you keeping your radiator on? I don't see your top radiator mount.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    hope so! Itll be a tad on the louder side..but thats fine for now :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    borla, nice. that is going to sound great.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    alright little update!
    Got the borla from trackjunkie21! Thanks again man!
    Went out tonight and got a magnaflow glass pack and a piece of 3 in pipe to make a tip ;)
    Going tomorrow out tomorrow to get a y pipe and welding it all up this friday! hopefully I'll have a decent exhaust clip for y'all!

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by kts
    yea i shouldn't complain too much, the paint on it isn't really that bad. i need to learn how to buff and detail a car since a good buffing would probably bring back a lot of the shine on the paint.
    a good buffing definitely would help. Get that thing shining!

    Leave a comment:


  • kts
    replied
    yea i shouldn't complain too much, the paint on it isn't really that bad. i need to learn how to buff and detail a car since a good buffing would probably bring back a lot of the shine on the paint.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    haha yes mechanically! The paint on the e30, for a track car, is actually in good condition from what i remember!

    Leave a comment:


  • kts
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick
    so, your pretty much going to have 2 bangin bmws ahahaah


    mechanically yes, body wise not as much. the E36 has some issues (mainly the flat black primed nose panel that i just don't care about) and the paint on the E30 is "OK" at best.

    but they will both run and drive like awesome! :-D

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by kts
    I had a set of AST 4100s but I sold those. When I bought them the E36 was going to be the track slut but then I found the E30 and ASTs on a daily driver is kinda overkill.

    Probably picking up a set of Bilstein Sports/H&R Sports from a local guy later this week. I have a set of H&R sway bars, the rear is on, I just need to do the front. Will probably pick up some Ground Control camber plates, and I have some UUC rear control arms to adjust camber. I have poly bushings for pretty much everything as well.

    All over kill for a daily driver but I already bought it all so I'm just going to say F it and install it all. :)
    so, your pretty much going to have 2 bangin bmws ahahaah

    Leave a comment:


  • AustonT
    replied
    Looking Good.

    Leave a comment:


  • kts
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick
    Hell yeah!
    what suspension are you doing?
    I had a set of AST 4100s but I sold those. When I bought them the E36 was going to be the track slut but then I found the E30 and ASTs on a daily driver is kinda overkill.

    Probably picking up a set of Bilstein Sports/H&R Sports from a local guy later this week. I have a set of H&R sway bars, the rear is on, I just need to do the front. Will probably pick up some Ground Control camber plates, and I have some UUC rear control arms to adjust camber. I have poly bushings for pretty much everything as well.

    All over kill for a daily driver but I already bought it all so I'm just going to say F it and install it all. :)

    Leave a comment:

Working...