Nicks m50 swap and restoration project

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    you need a NV MAF right? I have an extra one, let me find it.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    OK so I need a new MAF.. lol anyone have one I could buy?
    I bled my coolant system, but i think I need a new temp sensor..When I turn the car on temp needle will pop up, but it wont go past the blue mark.. (m42 rad/14in IE fan)

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Update..
    Got my tubing!!!

    it should be plenty, 2 five foot sections in the builders kit!

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by VinniE30
    I'm lost here. So you didin't get the m52 from your friend? Cause the engine you have in there now looks like an m50.
    OH yeahh lol i have an m50.. lol that m52 deal didnt fall through.. never updated it, but yeah the m50 was a better deal because it only has 61k on it :)
    Last edited by dnick; 01-19-2012, 11:01 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • VinniE30
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick
    update!

    SO things have changed ;) My friend is selling his m52 to me and I'll be swapping it to obd1! that swap will happen in a week to 2weeks. . ( He's waiting on some parts for his s52 that he got). In the meantime, I just ordered blunts suspension rebuild kit and new rotors/pads! Next will be lowering springs and shocks/struts. I was going to do a GC setup but thatll have to wait :(
    got "new" wheels/tires and a rear lip thanks to ill4noreason. (those wheels cleaned up REAL nice!)

    Ill make sure to update when parts arrive!

    Took the old m20 out, It was pretty easy taking it out!
    I'm lost here. So you didin't get the m52 from your friend? Cause the engine you have in there now looks like an m50.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Just ordered exhaust tubing and materials!!! :D

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Do it! and lol do work man

    Leave a comment:


  • jink0619
    replied
    hmm i could...let me get the pics together. When i got the car, the rear wheel bearings were shot, also the shifter bushings were worn out, these two jobs were the hardest EVER!!! lol, my forearms hurt for days from the slide hammer and fingers swollen from the "bitch clip".

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by jink0619
    i got a drivers seat in great condition, panels, clips, driverside kick panel, grills, headlight covers, stock antenna...most of these were missing from my car or broken.
    there you go! are you going to start a build thread or something?

    Leave a comment:


  • jink0619
    replied
    i got a drivers seat in great condition, panels, clips, driverside kick panel, grills, headlight covers, stock antenna...most of these were missing from my car or broken.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by jink0619
    ive been to every crazyRays and they all have 2 E30s each....picked up a few goodies at all locations:p
    nice, whatd you pick up?

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by jink0619
    Yeah, did you get them?
    vert fenders and coupe fenders are different, if they were the same Id grab it, the paint on it isnt that bad
    Last edited by dnick; 01-19-2012, 02:20 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jink0619
    replied
    ive been to every crazyRays and they all have 2 E30s each....picked up a few goodies at all locations:p

    Leave a comment:


  • jink0619
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick
    ive seen that, the vert?
    Yeah, did you get them?

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    Get exhaust piping from Summit if your gonna have a friend weld it up. Its like $14 for a 4 foot section of piping. Throw in a Turbo Muffler and a Glasspack (My set up) and it sounds pretty good. For wicked cheap too.
    do you have a video of it??

    Leave a comment:

Working...