Nicks m50 swap and restoration project
Collapse
X
-
-
nice project man...keep up the good work! btw, theres a E30 at crazyRays Hawkins point same color! with good fenders...check it out before its GONE!Leave a comment:
-
-
So the driveway drift was not caught on camera? That would have been an awesome first drive picture.Leave a comment:
-
found some pics my dad took haha..
came in prety hot here, actually got sideways after he snapped the pic!!


Leave a comment:
-
yeah, lol thats the problem im having now! gasket marker?? I was just going to orderWhen you do the valve cover, make sure you replace the valve cover gasket if you haven't yet.
And when you re-assemble it, put some gasket maker on the corners and around the spark plug tubes. When the valve cover leaks into the spark plug tubes they fill with oil, this can cause misfires.
As for exhaust, when I had my car, I went Y-pipe - 2.5" high flow cat - single 2.5" pipe - 2.5" resonator - 2.5" inch straight through single in dual out muffler.
Sounded pretty good, not too loud, but noticeable when you got on it.
http://www.blunttech.com/ShopByVehic...%20Set&mode=PA THAT lol.... thatll be ok right? and im not doing any cats, prob just a resonator and muffler. 2.5"Leave a comment:
-
When you do the valve cover, make sure you replace the valve cover gasket if you haven't yet.
And when you re-assemble it, put some gasket maker on the corners and around the spark plug tubes. When the valve cover leaks into the spark plug tubes they fill with oil, this can cause misfires.
As for exhaust, when I had my car, I went Y-pipe - 2.5" high flow cat - single 2.5" pipe - 2.5" resonator - 2.5" inch straight through single in dual out muffler.
Sounded pretty good, not too loud, but noticeable when you got on it.Leave a comment:
-
I drilled through mine and have some pins in there to hold them compressed (just in case they want to pop out for some reason)Leave a comment:
-
lol yeah i found that out.. one side didnt go in all the way so i just pushed it hahah, didnt need to push it against the garage hahaha. Ive heard you can do that! Just pull em out and use them for like a bench or somethingLeave a comment:
-
damn, I was able to push mine in by hand, bracing myself against my workbench. Convenient since you find you'll want to pull them out again to access various things here and there. You can pull them out by hand to, just use your body weight.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: