Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how rare is Euro S50ed, 5 lug, big brakes e30 M3 Touring in US? Vlad is building it !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck!, is it monday yet?

I am subscribed.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

didn't you buy that mtech purple cloth interior? it better be going in this car... especially since it was for a touring :p
      -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
        if it wasn't for Vlad, would any of the work get done?
        Except that's not really what he asked. Every few months, another one of these badass (at least in pictures) cars comes out of your shop, and it doesn't seem like you've ever even touched a sanding block or a wrench to them. Well, except to drive them out near a bridge or some other urban/industrial setting, park your girlfriend in front of them in one of the 4-5 standard poses, and take a bunch of pics.

All these guys are always talking about how much they love "your" builds, and how much "you inspire them", and how badass your cars are, but is it really YOU they should be so enamored with? Even the thread title, "Vlad is building it!" suggests right there that you're the one building these cars Are you? Anyone with the right number of digits at the bottom of their bank statement could write the checks to pay for all this work being done, but should they really be the ones taking all the credit? If you ask me, no. These cars of yours are all very cool, no doubt about that. But I think all of praise and adulation that comes your way is a little misdirected.

So again, do you actually do any of the work on these cars? Or just write the checks and post a bunch of pics of the work being done, and then the finished product? IMO, I think we need to see more pics of the guys that are actually building these cars. What are they driving? Do any of them have E30s, and if so, I'd love to see them!
        Last edited by Jand3rson; 07-31-2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
          Except that's not really what he asked. Every few months, another one of these badass (at least in pictures) cars comes out of your shop, and it doesn't seem like you've ever even touched a sanding block or a wrench to them. Well, except to drive them out near a bridge or some other urban/industrial setting, park your girlfriend in front of them in one of the 4-5 standard poses, and take a bunch of pics.

All these guys are always talking about how much they love "your" builds, and how much "you inspire them", and how badass your cars are, but is it really YOU they should be so enamored with? Even the thread title, "Vlad is building it!" suggests right there that you're the one building these cars Are you? Anyone with the right number of digits at the bottom of their bank statement could write the checks to pay for all this work being done, but should they really be the ones taking all the credit? If you ask me, no. These cars of yours are all very cool, no doubt about that. But I think all of praise and adulation that comes your way is a little misdirected.

So again, do you actually do any of the work on these cars? Or just write the checks and post a bunch of pics of the work being done, and then the finished product? IMO, I think we need to see more pics of the guys that are actually building these cars. What are they driving? Do any of them have E30s, and if so, I'd love to see them!
          Even if you aren't doing the actual work, overlooking the quality of the work being done in your shop is an art and hard effing work in itself.
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

this is awesome .. ^ whats up on ur rag.. guy builds awesome cars . hes the boss.

Comment

where are our updates?!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysclean View Post
                this is awesome .. ^ whats up on ur rag.. guy builds awesome cars . hes the boss.
                There's nothing "up on my rag", (not even sure what that really means...)

My point is he claims a lot of credit for building all of these cars, but doesn't seem to be the one doing any of the work. If more of the statements read like "my shop is currently building this car", or "Jim and Bob are doing some amazing work on these rear quarter panels", I would have a lot more respect for the cars.

But it seems like all the work being done behind the scenes, and the guys doing it don't get any more recognition than the few pics of parts that they just happen to be in the background of. I just believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Comment

i lime this so much

Originally posted by HarryPotter
                  not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                  Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Who cares if the man himself is doing it or not, he manages the business - Harder than doing the actual work IMO.

Perhaps the statement "vlad is building (managing) it" translates to a different context in the OP's native language.

Managers make sure the best persons avail in the resource network are put to use in their specialty skill sets; This is the job of MANAGEMENT.

Big picture > small picture.

It takes a real manager to build a quality show car these days, normal private wrench's cannot compete. Check out HPF's and others; it's simple business.
                    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

damn vlad's shop doin work.

anyone have any more pics or info on the blue m3 touring with e39 m5 wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                        Even if you aren't doing the actual work, overlooking the quality of the work being done in your shop is an art and hard effing work in itself.
                        right on!

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                        where are our updates?!
                        it's not monday yet

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                        Who cares if the man himself is doing it or not, he manages the business - Harder than doing the actual work IMO.

Perhaps the statement "vlad is building (managing) it" translates to a different context in the OP's native language.

Managers make sure the best persons avail in the resource network are put to use in their specialty skill sets; This is the job of MANAGEMENT.

Big picture > small picture.

It takes a real manager to build a quality show car these days, normal private wrench's cannot compete. Check out HPF's and others; it's simple business.
                        absolutely correct

Originally posted by DuMa View Post
                        damn vlad's shop doin work.
                        :up:

All these guys are always talking about how much they love "your" builds, and how much "you inspire them", and how badass your cars are, but is it really YOU they should be so enamored with? Even the thread title, "Vlad is building it!" suggests right there that you're the one building these cars Are you?
                        OF COURSE I AM ! I own the body shop and although the majority of the cars we fix are late model sedans and SUVs the e30 restoration is our niche...

if you look in my sig - http://mybuildgarage.com/author/carreraboy/ these are the cars we built/restored within the last 2 years. Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Obviously I can't work on every one of the 20 cars at the shop not including the projects, deal with customers, write/deposit checks, order parts, receive parts, return wrong parts, talk to the insurance adjusters, deal with payroll, taxes, utilities, and answer 100000 phone calls, PMs & e-mails a day while looking for rare e30 parts in addition to the future e30 projects...

BUT I do work on these projects when the time permits and every project is my creation from start to finish. It's nice to do what you like to do as a hobby and also get paid for it.

hope this answers your question because I am not coming back to it, this thread is about the e30 M3 Touring build :up:
                        Last edited by vlad; 07-31-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                          Fixed ;)

This is going to be sexy Vald! It is very sad to see that real one get chopped up =( All for a good cause though!
                          Sorry, don't follow much of his stuff other than a few threads here and there. Didn't realize he wasn't doing the work himself. Still a lot of no how to even organise these builds however. I guess Vlad, now, represents a shop to me instead of a person. Still impressive

**edit** god damn it nevermind. It seems he does fucking work on them. Much props then Vlad

Originally posted by Roysneon
                          $5 shipped?
                          Originally posted by MarkD
                          You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

sweet baby jesus.
                            sigpic
                            ^Back in the game^
                            BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
                            FS thread:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Wow.

Yoshi steal Anderson's account?
                              Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

LOL @ how shocked people get when someone isn't swinging from Vlad's nuts.

So once again, my only point here was giving credit where credit is due.

Comment

Working...
                                X