Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those seats must feel awesome. It It like your ass Is firmly sunken into a perfectly shaped bowl? Maybe its not that deep.
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
      These are safer than stock seats IMO.
      except for that whole headrest part
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I am sure you could fab something up front the back of the seat (fiberglass) that sticks up and holds the headrests in a fixed position...

Comment

You hit it on the head, you can see how I reclined them enough to support your legs and back. I don't slide around at all, drove 6 hours on Sunday and never once did my back hurt. I am very tall so this is always an issue with my lower/mid.

I am thinking of keeping these as a daily and finding red headrests to put on. All I have to do it weld plates from the side brackets to the back and weld on the e30 comfort seat metal sides that house the headrest sliders. I have some work to do on them yet. My only issue is clearance from the cage brace bar that connects the B-pillar sides to one another. I was thinking a Nascar style bend or something.

I have a MOMO Corse fixed back for track and SCCA.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, keep us updated. The seats look big and comfy, so I will definitely be looking out for some.

Comment

reminds me a bit of the 3.0CSL bucket seats

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Oh my, that interior is so sexy.

Small update:

The parts for the b25 race head will not be in till next Tuesday. So I am going to port and polish the head and send it off to the machine shop to get stripped down and ready for when the parts arrive.

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Ill agree those seats are cool for a cruiser-type, but could be dangerous.
                  The rat-rod/modern hardware feel the car has, overall i think its pretty cool.
                  -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                  2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
                    Ill agree those seats are cool for a cruiser-type, but could be dangerous.
                    The rat-rod/modern hardware feel the car has, overall i think its pretty cool.
                    I am coating the floor in POR15, then putting down some thin ass black carpet. I want to stay under 10lbs for that. Then the car is getting repainted luxor beige metallic(same as it is now). I am still looking for Recaro seats to replace these temps, I just did not have anything to sit in. Better than a bucket no?

I just rushed to get the car to Bimmerfest, did not work out. I just have a bunch of things to get looking great. I have brand new(in package new) euro bumper trim from BMW front and rear. I want this to be clean and mean, paint just looks like shit right now.

But I agree with you on the rat rod look, it was not my intention but I get so many people telling me to keep it that look. I just want shiny fresh paint, I used to detail years ago. I would love to clay bar an e30 again!

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

A few people asked how the e30 M3 sway links work vs stock on the control arm mounting. So I will let my GoPro speak for me =)

Thought it was neat to show how everything works with one another.

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                        A few people asked how the e30 M3 sway links work vs stock on the control arm mounting. So I will let my GoPro speak for me =)

Thought it was neat to show how everything works with one another.

That's really cool.
                        So how much of a difference do you think the m3 sway links make? Is it comparable to simply running thicker sways with the stock link locations? I would think the change in geometry would do way more in reducing body roll.

BTW this is officially my new favorite build thread.:up:
                        I really like how you're focusing on handling above all else.
                        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                          That's really cool.
                          So how much of a difference do you think the m3 sway links make? Is it comparable to simply running thicker sways with the stock link locations? I would think the change in geometry would do way more in reducing body roll.

BTW this is officially my new favorite build thread.:up:
                          I really like how you're focusing on handling above all else.
                          The thicker sway does play a large part of making it tight and nimble. I used to have a 21mm vert sway on my old coiled e30. It was sloppy compared to this, I don't have a good way of explaining it. Maybe Mark or Jay from GC would chime in and help out with the tech info side.

I know the E30 M3 from factory with a 19mm sway bar VS where the 325is got a 20 and the cabby got a 21mm. The UUC sway is 22mm with poly bushing mounts and beefy retainers.

I know you have a relationship with the other side of the car with the M3 link. It just handles like you're one with the car. That is the best way I can explain it. I also LOVE the PS delete, it is much tighter and allows for more control at higher rates of speed. Kinda slows everything down if you will. Once you're over 3-6mph it turns with ease. I did a K-turn today on a 1.5 lane backroad, no issues there.

And thanks man, I don't really get alot of feedback etc maybe it is from me doing it right the first time haha. I know it is buy e30, swap to m5x or s5x etc. My thoughts have always been about controlling the car. What is the point of going fast if you cannot be safe about it? The fast part is in works RIGHT NOW! goodies ship tomorrow, turbo part are already bought and in route.

I would just like to take a moment and thank Mark, Jay and Trevor @GC for all the dialogues about building this monster. They take the time to talk stuff out and explain it, they live, breath and sell suspensions. I am proud to rep you guys on the East coast. It is also neat to call up and they know me by voice <3
                          Last edited by F34R; 08-28-2012, 09:19 PM.

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Yeah I did a PS delete on both of my e30s and like it better. Do you have a stock steering rack or a shorter ratio one?
                            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Any info on the car IE: parts, fab work etc is all in the first post. I update everything I add in.

'97 1.9L Z3 with new seals, boots and inner and outer rods.

Tomorrow after work my brother is following me on the CBR600RR for some third person footage of the car blasting flat out through turns. The other e30 cannot keep up, so we are calling on the power of the Sportbike!
                              Last edited by F34R; 08-28-2012, 09:36 PM.

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

You're an inspiration. I just read the first post (didn't know you listed everything), and I am surprised at how much is in this.

Impressive to say the least. Your suspension setup definitely sounds amazing. Now I understand what your hype about it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X