Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you were going tarboz?

Comment

Originally posted by Jurt View Post
      As long as its all smooth and everything, I don't see how it could hurt it. How long would it take to port the head?
      About 1hr per side, so including the intake manifold 3hrs give or takes.

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
      I thought you were going tarboz?
      I am, but unlike most I just don't throw power onto something and expect it to last. I do things right the first time.

Rebuilt head, MLS, ARP studs etc

In 2014 I am boring out a spare b27 block for a 3.0 turbo build. Changing out the 288 cam for a proper turbo cam. Big plans to come, I just want a beast m20.

Just takes money, I am going with Metric Mechanic pistons/rings, rods.
      Already called them last week and talked the whole thing out. Will cost about 3,200ish for the mentioned, then I need a s50 crank, bearings, machine work, new MLS etc. All new rebuild.

I don't want to turn this into a huge 3.0 thread, I am going to turbo the stock bottom end and enjoy it for this coming year.
      Last edited by F34R; 10-26-2012, 07:58 PM.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
        I am, but unlike most I just don't throw power onto something and expect it to last. I do things right the first time.

Rebuilt head, MLS, ARP studs etc

In 2014 I am boring out a spare b27 block for a 3.0 turbo build. Changing out the 288 cam for a proper turbo cam. Big plans to come, I just want a beast m20.

Just takes money, I am going with Metric Mechanic pistons/rings, rods.
        Already called them last week and talked the whole thing out. Will cost about 3,200ish for the mentioned, then I need a s50 crank, bearings, machine work, new MLS etc. All new rebuild.

I don't want to turn this into a huge 3.0 thread, I am going to turbo the stock bottom end and enjoy it for this coming year.
        I think he was wondering why you're converting a set of M50 headers to use on the M20 when you're doing a turbo soon?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          I think he was wondering why you're converting a set of M50 headers to use on the M20 when you're doing a turbo soon?
          Forgot I mentioned that, I have them laying around and I want to install my 3" SS exhaust. So I am making a custom Y pipe to a 3" Vband connector, then using my tubing bender to make a seamless straight shot out.

I already have the 524t manifold adapters from MMP. Trying to locate a manifold right now.

I have the time, so I am making something to replace the stock junk ones. They will also work great with the port work. I am going to do it, won't take long and will be worth it in the long run.
          Last edited by F34R; 10-26-2012, 08:09 PM.

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

How is the Z3 1.9 rack without power steering? I have to stock E30 rack without p/s right now and I definitely like it more than with p/s. I was planning on going with a rebuilt z3 1.9 rack and refurbing my p/s so it works properly. Thoughts?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

^^^damn im curious too cause thats the set up i was gunna go with too.

Comment

Awesome build, sub'd. Can't wait until you get the stroker + boost in there!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  How is the Z3 1.9 rack without power steering? I have to stock E30 rack without p/s right now and I definitely like it more than with p/s. I was planning on going with a rebuilt z3 1.9 rack and refurbing my p/s so it works properly. Thoughts?
                  I love it, I am also very happy I did a refresh on the rack too. It is tight and responsive beyond belief. It is kinda scary switching to my Brother's stock e30 with P/S.

Without the P/S it allows more control, or maybe just for me. I also AutoX on this with zero issues at low speed pin turns.

In short I LOVE IT.

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                  Awesome build, sub'd. Can't wait until you get the stroker + boost in there!
                  Thanks, I cannot wait too! Everything in due time.

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Wow i need more time to browse the forum. Cant believe i missed this Very nice
                    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Steve <3

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I love it, I am also very happy I did a refresh on the rack too.
                        i cant afford the reman'd z3 racks on ebay etc. so considering refresh/resealing one if its possible. before you just thought once leaky gotta send it out as a core for a reman'd or new one. ive done a tierod job before with all the new boots clips etc is it much more extensive work resealing it or simple enough to do for a backyard mech?

Comment

I love it, I am also very happy I did a refresh on the rack too. It is tight and responsive beyond belief. It is kinda scary switching to my Brother's stock e30 with P/S.

Without the P/S it allows more control, or maybe just for me. I also AutoX on this with zero issues at low speed pin turns.

In short I LOVE IT.
                          This is very relevant to my interests... Just because I'm lazy and don't feel like searching, what tires are your running? Curious because I run 225 R-comps for autoX, and there is definitely a noticeable difference in steering effort compared to my street tires.

Comment

Originally posted by misterCAFE View Post
                            i cant afford the reman'd z3 racks on ebay etc. so considering refresh/resealing one if its possible. before you just thought once leaky gotta send it out as a core for a reman'd or new one. ive done a tierod job before with all the new boots clips etc is it much more extensive work resealing it or simple enough to do for a backyard mech?
                            It is not hard at all to do, if you have a floor jack/stands and basic mechanic skills you can do this.

Jack up the car, remove the tie rods from the spindle base. Remove the steering knuckle, PS lines and unbolt it from the subframe. Then bend down the bottom tabs and lower it out. That simple

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                            This is very relevant to my interests... Just because I'm lazy and don't feel like searching, what tires are your running? Curious because I run 225 R-comps for autoX, and there is definitely a noticeable difference in steering effort compared to my street tires.
                            ANY information you desire to know; parts, brands sizes etc are all on the first page in the first post.

My tires are 215/45/17 and 235/40/17 BFG G-Sport. So far the tires perform beyond my exceptions. They are a dream in the summer and hold their own in the rain. I was placing faster times than everyone else on them in my last event when it was raining.

I WILL be buying another set when these ones are done.

UPDATE

The weather was insanely nice today(60s), so I tore the head out and have the b27i almost completed. While I was about to bolt up the intake I noticed that I did not have new gaskets for it. So I am seeing if the local part place has some in stock. If not I have to wait for BTech to ship me some.

Other than that I have only installed a Schroth harness.

I have just been enjoying driving it!

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Soooo when do i get to ride in a completed 327i?
                              Swanny!
                              SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                                Soooo when do i get to ride in a completed 327i?
                                Soon enough Sean, hoping by this weekend everything will be sorted and running great...
                                Last edited by F34R; 11-15-2012, 06:59 PM.

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X