Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swanny
    replied
    Lets go get some shit powder coated! Woooooooo hoooooooooo

Leave a comment:

• Simon S
    replied
    My name is "Simon"

and I fully approve of F34R endeavors.

Leave a comment:

• mbonanni
    replied
    Your front looks lower than before.

I wait patiently for that m30.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Thought I would update my week with the engine so far.

It has been -10 to 15 degrees this week so it has been hard to suffer through that. I got the engine partly tore down and all wiring gone over for cuts/wear etc. Hoses have been noted as with other needed parts. Ordering once a few parts sell *crosses fingers*

Cleaned everything and put a bunch of metal parts in a box and heading to drop them off to Dave@ Renewed Finishes!!!! Thanks again buddy

Some of the stuff from the other night, all stripped and masked.

I will leave you guys with this for now ;) My ex GF was freaking when I tried to get back more. I bottomed out on grass haha.

Leave a comment:

• mbonanni
    replied
    I just got this stuff called dreambeard. You put a couple drops in and rub it in. Makes it very soft, makes it healthier, soften the skin and what not.

Shop Products and Apparel for Men by DreamBeard located in Atlanta, Georgia.

Get some.

I am excited for this motor to go in. some feedback on how the motor is compared to an m20, and if you feel your suspension setup is still adequate for the increased weight.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
    your car wants a cracker. maybe should get off her first.
    That black e34 is not Polly, that was just the donor.

Originally posted by ak- View Post
    Rooting for you.
    Needs more beard though
    Thanks! Everything will sort out fast as I have nothing else to do this week. Shooting to swap the engine once the mounts are done. Right now I am cleaning everything like crazy, tomorrow I will remove the hoses and vac parts and see if everything is crack free and ready to go. Then split the block from the bell housing and check the clutch.

For you ak- <3
    Last edited by F34R; 06-13-2017, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• freeride53
    replied
    your car wants a cracker. maybe should get off her first.

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Rooting for you.
    Needs more beard though

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    I watched all of his videos last night then I watched about 2 hours of M30 turbo videos. I loaded the engine back up today and I am pressure washing it in a bit. Then a mild tear down to inspect the hoses and wiring. Then the normal list of basic gasket and maintenance.

Stay tuned, this will be good. I am SO HAPPY I got a clean b35 with the 5spd to turbo :evil:

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    I'm just going to leave this here, i hope Otis doesn't mind...

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    I'm a fan of the m30.
    Even more so when they are pressurizeddddddddz

Leave a comment:

• mbonanni
    replied
    I think m30's are my favorite swaps for the e30.

I am so excited.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    Indeed. I sorely miss my 3.7 liter M30 E30.
    I miss my e24s really bad, I will end up buying another one someday. I got to ride in Tom's m30 swap a year ago. Very fast NA, with the car stripped it would run down a pre 07 WRX(110hp till spool,225 with turbo engaged).

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    M30 alone is nasty...add a proper built turbo setup and this will be evil. That is what I am going for.

Indeed. I sorely miss my 3.7 liter M30 E30.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    This is why i love r3v.

Also, excellent choice in powerplants!
    This forum is a tight knit, Sean is a great friend even without the help with the engine.

M30 alone is nasty...add a proper built turbo setup and this will be evil. That is what I am going for.

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
    Turbo Turbo Turbo..!!!!!!!!! haha, damn you change your mind so many times. M50-M20-M30.. If you need mounts let me know.
    YOU are the reason I want a turbo M30. Or any turbo engine for that matter.

M50 was a go till the back cylinder was found to have sucked a valve chip. Left 1mm slashes, then the m20 was just perfect till I found the m30. I had two m30s before this m20, I just sold them before I found out the m50 was bad. This popped up and I could not say no! The m30 is like 65lbs more? with gobs of NA trq! Kinda sucks I spent all the money and time building that stacked m20. Was fun building it and I am sure someone soon will be happy to swap that in.

Thanks for the offer on the mounts, I am making them myself.
    Last edited by F34R; 03-08-2013, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X