Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_Whelan View Post
    Bad news! Looks like you've got it in the right direction again. Keep the pictures coming! Subbed
    It was bad news last night, I was mad and sad all at once. But this morning my anger cooled down and I thought it over. I have the money to get the motor prepped for boost. I called Steve(blunttech) and got in contact with John aka Forced Firebird on here to buy APR studs and a Cometic .140 MLS headgasket.

I will just run around with the insides ready for when I can afford a Otis turbo manifold and a sexy new turbo/used or whatever Otis suggests.

I am aiming for mid 300s, I have been reading up on euro builds etc and they get mid to high 500WHP on stock internals...SO YEAH! I am sure I can manage mid 300s.

So I am going to leave the bottom end alone and rebuild the top. Bottom end it wonderful, piston walls are clean and smooth. Underside with pan off was clean and no metal shavings. So I am doing the top end right and getting this build back on track. NO REGRETS!!!
    Last edited by F34R; 08-22-2011, 04:24 PM.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Part order is being placed Monday and will have the rest of the parts soon to get the motor in =) So over the weekend I built a rear tower brace. Pics:

Thinking of removing the MASSIVE bracket and painting it purple. And the 750li MC is for sale if anyone wants it.

Kids keyed my car, I am so sick of kids. But the fenders need a bit of pulling and then I can go down a bit more to have a clean look.

Nom nom nom

Sticker bombed with a 10th of the stickers I have from parts lol!

Before stickers and I know the tire is bigger than my RS wheel.

Shock mount and tower(through body) mounting points.

Floor mounting point, uses a plate that is bolted from the bottom up through the body.

Just a goodie update, I have TONS more but I did not want to dig it all out lol
      Last edited by F34R; 05-18-2012, 07:20 PM.

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

This is good stuff.
        ///Z

1988 BMW 325 Super Eta - Elsa

"i"CONVERSIONWARchip&3.0MAF3.73LSDBBSRSsSMILIES"is"SPOILER+LIPHOUNDSTOOTHSHORTSHIFTERPLASTICBUMPERCONVERSIONEtc.

Sell Me Your SCHWARZ FENDERS!

Originally posted by chadthestampede
        ^ Nothing you post makes any sense.

Comment

purple trunk... nice
          sigpic

1985 325e - wrecked :( (being fixed and full paint job)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=197989
          the horrible day
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=210850
          1991 318i - in process of being made a DD
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219793

Comment

subscribed..

And stole the Ray Charles for use later!
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

So Brandon does the hg affect compression at all or is it stock thickness? A thicker one would drop compression to make it more boost friendly but wouldn't be any fun n/a. I'm gonna take the head off my engine because I just found out how much more work I have to do to the body of my project...
              For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
              Originally posted by mbonanni
              I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                So Brandon does the hg affect compression at all or is it stock thickness? A thicker one would drop compression to make it more boost friendly but wouldn't be any fun n/a. I'm gonna take the head off my engine because I just found out how much more work I have to do to the body of my project...
                It is thicker, and I am going to be running NA for the fall. Then putting it away for the winter. I will be building up the FI parts over that time. Then go boost in the spring.
                Last edited by F34R; 08-30-2011, 08:55 PM.

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Update

I started fabbing the housings to take the GC e28 camber plates. The pics I am adding for the towers are a day old. I finished them today but forgot to take pics. I also installed my GC rear tower mounts and bolted in the brace to the car.

Now if anyone that owns these will notice the bolts come from the bottom up. Reason for that is I have the brace on top that supports the GC mount. I so SUPER pleased with the finished install.

In the motor related section I took the head to the machine shop and I am having him strip and clean the head back to glory. Then valve seating and milling the surface to get a SOLID even surface for the Cometic .140 gasket.

Also sorted out the details for painting my BBS RS wheels. But that is just a tease, what I will give away is they are going to reflect my heart =)
                  Last edited by F34R; 05-18-2012, 07:21 PM.

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Fenders are rolled in the rear, tomorrow the springs are due in. So hoping they come in soon enough to get good pics. Also looking for a iX flare kit to get a bit more room for tucking. I was going to get IE flares...but they look like a retard made them.
                    Last edited by F34R; 09-19-2011, 10:24 AM.

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

And the iX flares are better?

Just roll the crap out of the stockers, or cut and weld on your own. Personally, any of the add on flares look strange to me.. The best are the ones that are molded in to the side, and blended. But that's just my opinion, and you know the story about opinions..
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Doin work! Keep it up brandon! Looking forward to the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
                          Doin work! Keep it up brandon! Looking forward to the finished product.
                          Thanks, and I just got my new rear springs in. So off to the shop to get the suspension installed =) Pics to follow tonight.

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Update:

Got the suspension finished and installed, on to pics:

Housing with new GC springs and camber plate.

When I redo the housings in spring I am going to sand the metal even. For now the base is level. The camber plates have even support and full movement.

I set the height level with tucking tread only. It leaves me with 1/4" fender clearance with the tires. And 3/8 height from lip to tread wall. It is PERFECT!

Very happy with how even and low it is.

Here is the stance with it tucking all of the tread. You can see how well those e30tech camber correction works!

Needs paint but the stance is better than I was expecting.

Little shot of where the Cammed FI prepped M50 is going =)

Zimmermann drilled rotors for the rear. Getting paired with Hawk pads.
                            Last edited by F34R; 09-26-2011, 04:37 PM.

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I was going to say about those GC rear mounts, as mine are mounted opposite.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Little update:

Sent the head off to get cleaned and a valve job done. Turns out the springs were TOAST and the previous owner over rev'd it a few times. They found that ALL of the exhaust valves are bent(pic below) Intake ones were perfect and ready to rock. I ordered up new parts to replace those and while I was there got the springs, guides etc. In short total rebuilt head for the turbo motor build!

The shop said they will have it done this week. Valves are getting seated and I had it taken down a bit to remove the uneven wear from useage. The place I am having the work done at is a high performance engine building shop. So they work with boost builds and dragsters etc ;) It is going to cost sigh but it is being done right =)

Here is three of the valves.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by F34R; 10-08-2011, 05:05 PM.

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X