Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i'm in love with your car. 4 door FTW
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by marshtgrade View Post
      i like your style, gruesome/creative i enjoy both. subscribed cause that strut housing mod looks tempting if u can do it cheaper then gc
      Thank you, I grew up watching Mad Max. I think that has to do with some of the rough look! The strut housing is not hard if you can weld and have a way to cut the housing perfectly level. You need any measurements let me know, I will help in anyway I can.

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
      Man those wheels look awesome with the rest of the car, Brandon.
      Thank you Stuart, it is coming along nicely. Slower than I wanted but that is how it goes.
      One curve ball after another, I am really happy with building the SETA turbo now.
      The SETA has been one of the engines I have always wanted to get my hands on.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      I think i'm in love with your car. 4 door FTW
      Thank you! and I forgot to update this, I have an engine now!!!! Happened to get a blessing. I am building a Super ETA with a b25 head/intake manifold.

Goodies ordered:

Schrick 288 cam
      Schrick HP dual valve springs
      IE HD Rockers
      IE Adjustable cam gear
      .70 MLS
      ARP studs

BIG shout out to Jeremy @ Monkey Madness performance and Levent @ GPS.
      You guy are a blessing!

Getting the head decked 2-3ths just to make is flat and smooth for the MLS.

Power goal is a more daily usable 350ish. I want to hit that, I feel it is a VERY solid power #.

Right now I am sorting the new block and getting everything running great before I remove it from the parts car to mine. I just want to know what is what on it before I pull. Makes trouble shooting much faster.

Wheel/spacer update:

8380 Labs is making the custom spacers for my new wheels. Turn around is about 2 weeks since they are new to car to wheel CB machined spacers. Levent had nothing but good things to say about them. So I gave them the job over Adaptec.

Other than that I have a cage to build and make a seat bracket for my MOMO fixed back.
      Last edited by F34R; 08-03-2012, 07:28 PM.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Its surely coming along Brandon. Good work. Any ETA for when u can drive this monster?
        Recent Rebranding!!
        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
        Instagram.com/garageaholic
        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
          Its surely coming along Brandon. Good work. Any ETA for when u can drive this monster?
          Swap the SETA from the parts car
          Need spacers to come in then mount the wheels.
          Wire up headlights
          Fill brake lines and bleed

If you wanna drop by on a Saturday to double team the swap just text me or FB.
          I have everything and the lift in the shop free, let me know what pizza/beer to grab!

Done.

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Awesome update =)

As most know I changed from a m50 swap to a SETA/b25 top end conversion swap. The donor e30 was taken knowing it did not run. Well one fuel line later I have a running SETA base to swap! Lines on top of the fuel tank were rotted through. Sawzall/removed the floor, one rubber line and that was it!

Swapping this week, so my next update will be when the custom spacers arive from 8380 Labs...HURRY UP ETHAN!

I know there is no pictures, but this is an awesome day for me! Spent a ton of money on this engine before it would even start. Now that it does I am so excited/relaxed!

Stay tuned for the update with video ;)

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Cool build man!
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Bimmerfest or bust

Bimmerfest is on the 25th this month, I am going hard to attend. I just put in 27 total hours this weekend. I almost completed my list, details are left and spacers/alignment. Biggest issue is getting the wiring issue sorted out. Mototronic 1.1 into a 1.0 but that should be resolved tomorrow.

What is going on?

BYE BYE!

Heat made the top buckle a little bit, but I am going to hammer it up a bit and repair the hail damage while I am there.
                Skim coat the whole roof

This is where I found out I was using the back half shaft from an automatic. I was not happy lol, had to go dig the manual half from the shed in the dark.

I need to find what the bay looked like before I did this. There was so much oil and shit on everything. How hard is it to use a funnel? Plus the donor was sitting since 08. Pretty much everything on the top end is getting replaced once i get back from BF. I am waiting on the big boxes to show up for my b25 head swap.

Bags are for bitches
                Last edited by F34R; 08-13-2012, 11:21 PM.

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

i like this :)

Comment

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks guys, glad people like checking this out.

Here is a picture before I sanded/painted everything. Only shot I have.
                      Attached Files

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

dope dude

Comment

looks great man!!!!
                          sigpic
                          1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
                          1987 325ic Black Vert
                          1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
                          1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

The car is limbo LOW! Was really happy to hear it turn over. The lug nuts you got for it are crazy!

Comment

Awesome progress!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by KatFish View Post
                                The car is limbo LOW! Was really happy to hear it turn over. The lug nuts you got for it are crazy!
                                Yeah man, how did you like scrapping on a flat surface? People just don't understand till you stand next to it and see that your knees are higher than the hood! I love how you said you LOVE fish haha, 'KatFish' haha
                                Thank you so much for coming over Chris, means a lot! Could not have done it without you and Frank. You guys are bit crazy with those wiring skills!

Tonight's work:
                                So my buddy Frank comes over(FrankM from here) with his friend Chris(KatFish) to help resolve the issue. Turns out the starter got some water in it and got ruined.

Granted it was working RIGHT before I pulled the engine. I believe that was caused from throwing a tarp over it with the little storm we just had. Whatever, changed it out and found after a few hours of trouble shooting. It was was not allowing power to the K5 relay to give it the needed voltage to turn the engine over.

This was caused because it was once an Automatic, the automatic has a range switch(when you select P-R-D-3-2-1). That was causing it to not allow power to the relay under the dash and thus no power to the K5 relay.

Frank hooked a jumper and she fired up!

Rough idle is from a HUGE hole in the intake boot. PM me if you have a really nice one laying around!

Things ordered today:
                                Magnaflow 14828 (3"inlet to 4"out)
                                Aluminum PS delete from Condor Speed Shop(silence on here)
                                GC valved Koni rear shocks

HUGE thanks to Jay at GC for lending/shipping me a set to get me to Bimmerfest!

I truly have some great friends!
                                Last edited by F34R; 08-13-2012, 09:40 PM.

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X