24v swap plus other goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reztat View Post
    Awesome project!....Excuse me by the off topic question but how that guy remove the cam out of that m20 w/o removing the head? I need this for change my valve seals...
    Removing the cam is easy with the head still in, you have to remove the radiator, the ac condensor, and kindneys tho...

Youre gonna have more fun removing the springs tho, it is possible although not very straightforward. I guess you can say its 'curvedforward'

Comment

MMmm.. but how to remove the aluminium rode that i think that spray oil or something...?

Comment

Bay looks awesome. What seam sealer did you end up going with and did you use a gun or apply with a brush then smooth? I want to redo mine so it's nice and smooth.

Comment

The sealer I used is very simliar to the 3m seam sealer, but its made by some local brand here in South Africa, I cant remember the exact name, but pretty much I layed it on thick, then used my finger to more or less get the basic shape, then smoothed it out.

Comment

I must also add that this is the first time, I am doing any body work. If you take your time with it and work on one section at a time, it makes it a lot easier. As far as all the products you will need, I cant say. I was lucky enough to find someone very knowledgeable about panel beating at the parts shop. All in all, I had a fun experience with the bay but the work can get a bit tedious, lucky for me Durban Poison is much easier to get here, so frustration levels were low.

Dre, the smooth bay is one of my favorite features of the car, I almost feel that putting the hood back on would be blasphemy lol, but good luck and have fun with it!

Comment

Thanks man your bay looks amazing, especially in that color. I'll talk to the body shop supply place near me and see what they say. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks man I appreciate it, it turned out a lot better than I expected. Im on the final stages of the car so will keep this updated.

Comment

Not much of an update, but got my EFI today, if all goes as planned car should be running this weekend!

Comment

Got the wiring done for standalone and viper alarm done today.

Comment

Was suppose to start her up yesterday, but didnt get the ignition modules yet... Also had a water leak on the front timing cover that I sorted out. What a bitch.

All goes well, will fire her up tommorow.

Comment

Working...
                      X