No announcement yet.

The 600 dollar 87' 325is: air ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro bumpers might cost more than the car did. I would just go with plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zasz View Post
      Goddamn dude, that makes me want to move to Germany just to pick up an early model with those bumpers.
      They're not "Euro bumpers", they're 'everywhere but North America bumpers'.

Comment

Originally posted by Strelok View Post
        Euro bumpers might cost more than the car did. I would just go with plastic.
        They might cost more than he paid for the car, but certainly not more than the car is worth.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
          That was the one that was getting parted if it didn't sell with the funky title transfer yeah? LMK how that goes, I got sketched out by that.
          Went into the DMV today, paid 200 dollars in back registration, and the car belongs to me now.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
          LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
          Build Thread
          1993 alpine 2 325IC
          •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

Dude, DO NOT convert that car to plastics. Please understand that the 87IS is a pretty rare car in the US. You will never make it look right with that valence, which was ONLY used in the US for one year. No where else was that valence equipped. Tuck your bumpers using 88 bumper shocks, and leave it. Trust me on this.

If you plan on bastardizing that car, I will give you 3 times what you paid for it and have it shipped over here so it won't happen. That way you can buy a regular e30 WITH plastics and do what you want.
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

i have to agree. the 87is/es valence looks really awesome.

my dirty30 a few weeks before it got totalled. loved the way it looked. (yes i needed to refinish the euroweaves.)
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                Dude, DO NOT convert that car to plastics. Please understand that the 87IS is a pretty rare car in the US. You will never make it look right with that valence, which was ONLY used in the US for one year. No where else was that valence equipped. Tuck your bumpers using 88 bumper shocks, and leave it. Trust me on this.

If you plan on bastardizing that car, I will give you 3 times what you paid for it and have it shipped over here so it won't happen. That way you can buy a regular e30 WITH plastics and do what you want.
                He speaks the truth.
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Are the changes made to the car to fit plastics irreversible or something?
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
                  LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
                  Build Thread
                  1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

why spend all that effort when you have a great looking e30?
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

Very nice! Looks good but yes get some euro bumpers not plastic ones for your early model dude.
                      '91 318is

Comment

knocked out this today:

Also got my hands on an e36 steering rack out of a 99 m3

1987 Delphin 325IS
                        Build Thread
                        1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

Nice work! Put that rack in, dont forget about the reverse wiring, then figure out the cruise control. But leave the bumpers an valence. My offer still stands.
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Rigmaster
                          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Moving along:

1987 Delphin 325IS
                            Build Thread
                            1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

Good lawdy lawd.....

Wish I was this thorough when I did my swap; great work OP!
                              Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                              Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                              Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                              Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Got my turbo! Torn down, bead blasted, rebuilt and ceramic coated!!!!

1987 Delphin 325IS
                                Build Thread
                                1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

Working...
                                X