No announcement yet.

Not your typical DOHC swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright to lay this to lay this to rest I did drive around with the engine in the car so I know what it feels like and I enjoyed it. Some of you may have different opinions and that is fine. I am not going to stop just because you guys don't like the m42. And on that note I made a little progress today. I got the last couple wires out of the fuse box and then pulled the whole wiring harness into the cabin.

So the next step is to remove the ABS, charcoal canister, fuel filter, and the brake booster and then I can start going to town on the body work.
    sigpic

Comment

Did you take my advice on removing the wires? Be careful with the little locking nub, those break way too easily, ask me how I know.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by for3ver View Post
        Actually the m42 has more hp, it revs higher than 4,500, and is also lighter.
        Im assuming you are referring to the ETA motor, because the b25 has more power, more torque, and rev's higher than 4,500rpm...

i woulda just bought a crx (35mpg all day) and had two cars to fcukzzz wit ;)
        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Well once I am done with this swap I plan on buying another e30 and doing a fast car. I am thinking m10 turbo :D
          sigpic

Comment

I don't have any huge updates because it seems like every day I don't work its raining, but I made a little progress. I finally got all of the abs wiring out of the car which was very time consuming and I broke almost every plastic clip. I also removed the fender so that I can figure out how I am going to route the harness.

Anyone need an abs harness uncut?

Next I am going to pull the harness through the fender and locate the fuse box under the dash. I think the body work is going to be the hardest part of this swap so I would appreciate any information in that area.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X