Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
    ooor could it be the MAF?
    i did a quick ebay search for M20 maf's but only AFM's came up. cause u had the Miller MAF there for the first start up I think. Now that the WAR chip doesnt have its MAF there its still running for its dimensions. email miller and send em your map and i think they will straighten it out
    GL
    its still using the Miller MAF sensor just a new housing(the correct housing for Miller tune) this is not the issue.
    I have the correct injectors coming in any day to get the car running

Originally posted by 8oost0ne View Post
    Is your IAC still hooked up? I dont see it anywhere...
    the ICV is hiding under the charge pipes.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Any motor work being done? If not your inspiring me already haha

Comment

What are your plans for gauges? Where are you going to place them?
        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
          What are your plans for gauges? Where are you going to place them?

I have the boost guage setup the same as my subaru and the wideband I havent decided on. I have a pretty neat VDO guage from the 80's that I got NIB. box was super yellowed and retro but the guage looks great. I dont have any pics but heres a pic to give an idea.It will make it easy so when I switch cars I dont look all over the place for gauges.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I need a little help wiring in my wide band I will be using it to simulate a narrow band signal.

My stock 02 pigtailasdasdasdasasd The innovate MTX-L

whiteasdasdasdasdasghghjghjdasdasdRed(switched 12v)
            whiteasdasdasdasdasdasdaghghsdaisdBlack(ground)
            blackasdasdasdasdasdasdasdghjjaisdWhite(headlight power)
            greyasdasdasdasdasdasdhjkhasdasdYellow(analog 1 out 0v=7.35AFR)
            asdasdasdasdashjkhjkhjkdasdasdasd Brown(analog 2 out 1.1v=14 AFR)

I'm confused... I've found write ups but non seem to have the same color wiring as me...
            Last edited by kamotors; 12-13-2011, 04:36 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

When I wired my m50 harness to my LC1 the colors were off as well. I used the pin numbers instead. Verifying the +12v and +signal with a multimeter so I didn't wire 12v to ground and melt shit.

Stock e30 o2
              pin1 signal gnd
              pin2 signal +
              pin3 gnd
              pin4 +12v

Comment

ok cool that what I figured so I have

pin4-red 12v on wideband
                pin 3 - black ground on wide band
                pin1-??
                pin 2-??

lol I'm such a noob to electrical stuff.

7speedshop.com

Comment

so I think I got this...

pin4-red 12v on wideband
                  pin 3 - black ground on wide band
                  pin1-white
                  pin 2-brown narrow band signal

7speedshop.com

Comment

I hear ya, I struggled with electrical work until I had a lot of practice with megasquirt on my build lol.
                    Not familiar with the MTX-L but the manual that comes with it says white wire need to be wired to headlight power? Seems odd.
                    The white wire on my LC1 is GND.

Other than that looks good.
                    I had analog 1 (yellow) go to the ecu (megasquirt in my case) and analog 2 (brown) go to my AFR gauge. Programming the outputs accordingly.
                    Last edited by brokenbimmer533; 12-13-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Not sure what the difference is between your wideband and mine (lc-1) but this is what I had.....

Analog 1 (yellow wire) as the narrowband. I have that hooked in to the stock o2 harness. That's the only thing I have in the harness. At first I used the 12v/ground/ground wires coming from the stock o2 harness but that didn't work. Readings were all messed up. So I used a switched 12v near the fuse box and grounded both wires to a bolt in the engine bay.

Make sure you have a good ground and a switched +12v, not a constant.

Comment

the wideband works and E30 runs:) haven't driven it but I still need to clean it up a bit. I'm happy:) turbo area is smoking a bit? guessing its just burning off any spilled oil and what not.

7speedshop.com

Comment

7speedshop.com

Comment

HOLY BUTT NUGGETS! I just drove my turbo E30 and it is WAAAAAY faster than I thought, it kills my subaru in 0-60. its hitting 6psi in first by 4k and it smokes the tires into second, I only made it 4 miles before my intercooler pipe blew off and I had to drive home N/A:(

also something is off with the AFR guage,when I let off the throttle it pegs at 22.4 but when driving around it fluctuates from 13-15after also occasionally it just reads HTR when stopped I'll go over the wiring tomorrow.

7speedshop.com

Comment

oh and not loosing boost between shifts is super cool

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                                oh and not loosing boost between shifts is super cool
                                Anti-lag....or keeping your foot buried in the go pedal? Very clean engine bay I must say. I like it
                                85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Working...
                                X