Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It blew sometime during this pull.https://youtu.be/-YMYmr-rK2U

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kamotors; 12-23-2015, 06:59 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I did datalog and only thing I can see is that I was too aggressive on timing it was around 19.5degrees and pulled down to 15degrees at peak torque.

AFR was at 11.5

other interesting facts
      -injectors are at 70% percent duty cycle WITH meth.
      -coolant never exceeded 170 degrees even end of 4th gear

7speedshop.com

Comment

will be interesting to see on the gasket, possible it needs o-ringing?
        Boris - 89 E30 325i
        84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
          will be interesting to see on the gasket, possible it needs o-ringing?
          If the headgasket didnt blow it could of been worse damage. I'll be putting another goetze in and tuning accordingly. It was 100% my fault it was 100% solid and reliable at 3degrees less timing I didnt even adjust boost only timing and this happened.

I was able to absolutely beat on the car for miles on end without issue before this retune.

7speedshop.com

Comment

interesting, its done very well for a stock bottom end. At that level I suppose its on the tipping point and you need to have everything BANG ON.

once summer comes round do you back the timing off a bit again? must be very sensitive to ping at that level
            Boris - 89 E30 325i
            84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
              interesting, its done very well for a stock bottom end. At that level I suppose its on the tipping point and you need to have everything BANG ON.

once summer comes round do you back the timing off a bit again? must be very sensitive to ping at that level

I have it setup so that after a certain point timing is reduced as inlet air temp increases, I do not have to change tunes between seasons

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                I have it setup so that after a certain point timing is reduced as inlet air temp increases, I do not have to change tunes between seasons
                Is this something that you physically have to input or does the IAT take care of this accordingly?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  Is this something that you physically have to input or does the IAT take care of this accordingly?
                  It's a table you program. Maybe I'm not using it as it's supposed to be. I just use the MAT based timing retard table to reduce timing after a set point. I think i start pulling timing after 90degrees, today I only hit 70ish degrees after a 4th gear pull so I was 20 above ambient not including what methanol cools the charge

EDIT:just checked manual, its definitly what its used for
                  Last edited by kamotors; 12-23-2015, 09:49 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Soo many parameters to tuning a engine, I don't know how you all do that stuff. It seems never ending. Hat's off to ya!

Comment

Sold volvo s60r and bought something 100x nicer. Couldnt be happier, pics tomorrow. (It's not an alpina just has some goodies and "alpina" parts)

7speedshop.com

Comment

01 740i m sport

7speedshop.com

Comment

E38s are fucking hot. Very nice car. Any plans for it?
                          1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
                          1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
                          1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
                          ...And a couple others...

Comment

Originally posted by stanhayward View Post
                            E38s are fucking hot. Very nice car. Any plans for it?
                            Mechanically not much just a bit more low, but cosmetically I'd like to change wheels, badges, and front lip.

7speedshop.com

Comment

It'll be for sale in 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet Ride View Post
                                It'll be for sale in 4 months
                                Lol, I kept my wrx for 4 years, and the s60r for a year and 1 month. And I like this car more than both of those... it's only my extra extra cars I sell in a few months.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X